Release 198: Aim Assist and Masks!

So I used to be able to go to Till just fine with my L5 in one Environmental Protection (Toxin/Corrosion) skill, but now it’s showing no breath and I can’t even find my way to the shop there due to the inane weather effects. Is that WAI? If so, booooooooo-urns! Booooooo-urns!

2 Likes

I bought a mask and now what? How do I put it on me face?

absolutely, I will agree!
I shall quote Eric Cartman from South Park Episode “Make Love Not Warcraft” when Kyle asks him “What do we do now?” after defeating the player that was killing everyone…

“What do you mean? Now we can finally play the game…”

4 Likes

Imventory, then some tab at the top.

1 Like

You might want to check that one out: Atmosphere Resistance

1 Like

They have made coal/metal/lush planets fall under the three atmospheric protections

1. The block experience changes are not good. As someone with little interest in anything but building, this just causes unnecessary grinding.

2. Please stop selling stuff with cubits that can’t be earned in game. It’s classless.

@Steggs101 Awesome update. Thnx so much for addressing many issues.

The notes didn’t say that we get a free mask. I bought one , and spent 800 bits just to see there is one already in my inventory. Maybe there could be a updated note about it or something.

being how we had to buy our tints for our original characters , nothing suggested that we would actually get something for free anymore for our existing characters.

Is there any way of selling back duplicates?

+1 on your first point. Since they allready reduced bomb xp to nearly zero (just for ores which tehn give no drop) there is no need to reduce it even more for all other ways to gather as well. Also, now on higher worlds you feel even less motivated to dig because you get just 1/2 of the xp for hitting blocks that eat up your tools tremendously faster then all others (because you have to hit them more often)

but on the 2. point, I would just suggest to reduce this redicolous high price. 800 cb is more then a char slot … 200-500 would be ok, 200 for those basic ones and 500 for specials with effects (like glowing or moving, if something like that is added later (of cause with no ingame advantage included!))

2 Likes

Updated OP with @Jiivita’s release update video.

2 Likes

Sorry, I totally disagree on your second point.

I don’t give this a pass on any game, ever.

For the good, the only acceptable use of real world money is cosmetics, so as long as the masks have no stats, I’m good with it.

But the issue comes to access of items. If there was a way to farm cubits in game, that would be one thing. But the cubits you get from leveling is paltry and you need every one to buy lots. Real world money should never give you access to things you can’t earn in game.

Even if I felt inclined to let that pass, the prices are insane. Maybe 60 cubits for a mask, but it shouldn’t cost more than the lowest price for lots.

That’s just my opinion, for what it’s worth.

i would hardly call 9000 cubits from 1>50 paltry,not to mention you get 300 cubits per level from 50+ and you can level infinitely…

i do agree with you on the whole cosmetics only though.

3 Likes

9000, or 11 masks in new math. :slight_smile:

Not a whole lot for 100+ hours of work.

Things like this need to get pinned at the top of the forums page. I didn’t know about the patch because it was down the list a ways. The Latest News and announcements threads need to be pinned so they cannot be shifted way down the list and lost, then accidentally found later. Then it can be archived in the news tab when it becomes old news.

Jiivita’s video’s maybe should be pinned just beneath the announcements when he covers the updates. Would save many headaches and mistakes we make not realizing the info was covered and it was just down 20 threads under a lot less important post.

3 Likes

ok yeah i do agree the masks are too expensive for what they are,maybe if it was some amazing armor…then just maybe but a mask,nope,200-300 tops

3 Likes

Thank you for the info but ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH

There’s already enough pressure on Skill Points in the tree to not want to have to add these. A cynic might say that needing more of the atmospheric protections leads to more skill resets to more cubits to more money.

2 Likes

I don’t see one on any of my chars - did the free one just appear without prompt?

Yes, there is no prompt about it, but you should find it in the outfits tab in inventory, if your atleast adventurer tier Backer.

Im not fond of it either, a good chunk of my favourite spots are now locked to me until I spend more points I simply cant spare, If there was a vote to put the tier 4 worlds back to the way they were before because its now limiting where lower level players can go and resource until they can afford to spread out the points, hell im level 30 odd and I dont have points to spare for it.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m Wayfarer so should see it, I’ll check that thank you! Mind you I still don’t see any Fist other than Iron so not sure I’m getting my backer perks, will bug report if not. Ta!