Release 198: Aim Assist and Masks!

Depends at which level you’re playing. If I’m L50 with 0 cubits and I want a mask, it’d be quicker/cheaper to work a couple of hours at a minimum wage job than to grind out 600k XP for three levels.

1 Like

I’d rather spend my cubits on plots, if the intention is for us to look like gargoyles then so be it, I’m not going to hide my character behind a mask because it isn’t going to win any beauty contest and it’s not what I would choose so why waste valuable plots on it.

2 Likes

Fortunately 600k XP isn’t the only reward for playing Boundless. If you’d rather work than play you should be looking for another game :wink:

1 Like

$10 is change to many working adults, doesn’t mean I’m buying a mask with it instead of just playing the game. If you need the mask and don’t want to wait while you level up then by all means drop the $10. But hey, I’m sure craftable cosmetics are in the works from the concept art they’ve been dropping since beta. In the end it’s purely a cosmetic item and doesn’t effect me either way that you acquire it.

1 Like

I wasn’t complaining - that’s sort of the point of microtransactions. Well, all money I suppose. You store time with one thing and spend it on saving time on other things. I was just pointing out it might be quicker to drop the cash in some circumstances.

1 Like

So out of curiousity, has the settlement prestige for chiselling blocks inside your beacon for patterns been changed? I notice when i chisel my blocks, i no longer have an increase in prestige. Or was i imaging things and thought it increased prestige?

You’d think from the trailer they released “showcasing” beta, there would actually be an option for clothing but apparently they just needed to lie to get a few more purchases? I backed this game in 2014 and they’ve been “dropping concept art” the whole time, we were supposedly getting all sorts of races, customization, etc. I’m a bit irritated that in order to not like look pure garbage, they expect me to use cash shop currency, regardless of how I earn it.

Congrats to all of you that want to grind for a mask, I however don’t. It’d be nice if they used some of that backer money to actually accomplish something, from what I can tell we got a few new blocks, they ruined the grapple and my red cube of a character has been replaced with the UGLIEST piece of garbage I’ve ever seen.

How so? What did they change?

You used to be able to make gold slingshot grapples and all the different gem ones had different attributes then the forge was introduced and that all went out the window …now you not only have to make the grapple/weapon but if you want any extra attributes on it you have to craft all the ingredients too to use in the forge and then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

2 Likes

I would have preferred the old way also, but oh well.

2 Likes

Some people like the forge …For me personally it’s not something I care for. When it was introduced I tried reproducing the gold grapples as I found them really great for getting about especially in caves but ended up wasting so many resources with mixed results that in the end I just walked away from it. To me it felt like a step backwards in the progression. If I ever reach a point with a fully functioning work shop with all the coils etc and tons of resources to mess about with then I might give it another go for fun but it’s not something I’m going to waste resources and skill points on at the moment.

2 Likes

I just got a bunch of advanced coils for my refinery and noticed that Ornate Gleam doors increases in crafting time and spark when advanced coils are added, where as the opposite has an effect as well when you remove them.

Everything else in the Refinery seems to be working as intended however.

I dont have a free mask

free mask was only for pre-release backers.

Not the DDE only on steam then…

Gave user blast bread and watched them eat it. Stepped onto Serp. The atmospheric effects that blind a user were still present after eating the blast bread. Did not stay long enough to see if it would kill the user.

I didn’t get one.

sorry for slow reply,was ill with the cold,did you look under inventory>outfits tab at the top?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.