Release 201: Quality of Life and Bug Fixes!

Could we get any more details on this? Particularly for tools, I didn’t think they had any cooldown?

You know I always liked the concept of the Unique Items Gathered feat, it was just frustrating to not be able to see what you have and haven’t gathered yet. No way to work toward it, it just sort of happened on its own. If that could be fixed it would be great to see the feat return.

Whoa, that was fast!

I wonder if this could help with server performance / lag issues people have been having. I work with software and something as simple as logging can take up more resources than you might think.

How extremely irritating… thanks for letting us know Brye.

Apologies guys, a couple of things were missed from the notes:

• A Bag of Flour now requires level 4 Food Crafting, this is because everything a player crafts with Flour requires this level, so once you can craft Flour, you can start crafting with it immediately, rather than waiting for another skill point.

• Adjusted recipes for Boons: Unstable and Imperfect Boon Compounds are now easier to make, while the Pure Boon Compounds require slightly rarer resources. This change was made because Unstable and Imperfect boons were intended to be the first ones players would make before progressing up to the more consistent Pure Boon Compounds.

I’ve added these to the OP.

We’re still working out some issues with our process at the studio, but we are getting there. Previously we would rely on everyone to put a detailed note in about every change they did, this obviously isn’t an optimal process though. So we’ve been working on getting a process together which combines our database and Git, and will mean nothing can be submitted into the build without a note and a link to a detailed entry in our database (this isn’t finished quite yet, which is why these were missed).

Obviously there could still be something which slips through as we refine the process, but it shouldn’t happen anywhere near as often. We’re hoping to have this up and running by the time another update comes along.

16 Likes

FYI Wonderstruck, you lost a lot of players today, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.

“forgot” to mention the bomb nerf and now the pure boon “nerf” gets “forgotten” too.
Really bad business model. If that kinda thing wasnt enough to make people leave, the fact that your are actually making the game MORE of a job instead of less surely will.
We tried to tell you…

10 Likes

I’m only here to help :smiley:
But that should definitely help you guys. So, fewer things get “forgotten” in translation.

Edit: Probably not important, to anyone but those who know and the curious, but i have no idea what Git is.

2 Likes

If imperfect would be one of the first ones to use, I would have took adrenal gland requirement from it and put it to pure boon recipe :smiley:

Wow.

^ We were joking man! You didn’t have to prove us right!

Sorry :disappointed: I wasn’t looking for things, I was trying to make flour. It made sense to me to have level 4 tho.

@Steggs101 is there a reason barbed grass is removed from the knowledge tab? I didn’t check after I took the fourth skill point if it was there again

Also this. This right here. Mainly, “the Pure Boon Compounds require slightly rarer resources.”.

Going to have a field day ranting about this one when someone else finally makes a thread about it. So much to rant about how wrong and stupid that is.

Believe me… we did not want to prove you right.

Don’t you be sorry Brye, this is absolutely our fault, not yours.

*Edit, just realised I didn’t answer your Barbed Grass question. Sounds like a bug… will ask someone.

5 Likes

Could you throw any bugs into a separate thread in Support please @Dulki

Thanks!

5 Likes

Wow, so many fixes and updates! I am looking forward to getting back into game and having a blast! Thanks so much for the amazing work. <3

6 Likes

It’s really good to read that you work on a process and that it looks like it really gonna be a working one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be Release 200, since it was Testing 200?

2 Likes

Ugh. Another recipe change in the wrong direction. Booooo -1 :-1:

5 Likes

The quote is actually; ‘fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me’. It’s basically saying that they should be ashamed to trick someone, but you should be ashamed to allow yourself to be tricked twice by the same person.

Could someone translate this jargon into numpty language?

10 Likes

Made server logs easier to read, I believe.

2 Likes

Collects less, which should affect performance.

Is anyone in game to report the actual changes to the pure boon recipes seeing as even when finally mentioned there’s no detail.

2 Likes

Pure boon 1-3 recipes has spitter eyes added 1-4-18 (single-bulk-mass)
Edit: I guess this is old Imperfect recipe, it does require adrenal glands now and that recipe was before Unstable one that requires now wild stock eyes instead of adrenal ones.

2 Likes

Thank you! Disappointing.

This is getting beyond tedious and in to masochistic.

2 Likes