Release 23-09-2016: Spawned On testUS1 - place to meet?

Hi everyone,

I am on test US1. Where are we gonna meet? anyone found a nice place already?

Besides, I am from Europe and spawned on US. Do we not have Europe server yet?
Else I should spawn there!

2 Likes

Im not sure about the US/EU servers. I have a small start up area on US1 too, but I think it is WAY off the beaten path. Ive only seen one other person exploring a cave next to an ice flow by my base.

No EU server yet. We will have aditional servers including EU servers next week when we promote this version to the non Beta branch.

2 Likes

Attempting to find a good location for a village near plenty of resources and landmarks, We have one good candidate so far, but I’m looking for more, too.

2 Likes

I really like to discover the caves. Now we have kind of material veins :wink:
Finally :slight_smile:

Only thing bothering me is, that i need to put my beacon to be able to place a work bench…

I’ve got my base on US1 set up at -1904, 91, 1659. There are decent resources nearby for just starting out but I’m getting blocked at this point needing spark. Anyone know how to get that?

umm, guess everyone builds everywhere haha. Are we looking for open space area?
Because the jungle part with the needle like plateus is pretty fancy too.

Thought about building a city around such a needle, with houses on the outside walls and connecting tunnels in the inside? what do you think? The trees around are also huge. Give lots of wood source… some trees are 5x5 blocks massive.

1 Like

Seems like someone already started building into the side of one.

1 Like

Tree village and trade center going up right now, 1504,_,-1270.
Amazing location! Spitter safe :wink:

3 Likes

Post the location and make screenshot :smiley:
Also have livestock there?

Lots of livestock, trees, resources of all sorts. It’s a hotspot if I do say so myself.
Not ready for a screen shot, but coords are posted above

It’s going to be an hour before I can do any more work on the location since i’m bulk crafting some tools, so I’m going to take a lunch break and come back to it in a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha! that’s me :smiley:

Be careful going outside then lol

1 Like

you guys know any good places to find fossils? i would assume there would be lots in the underground caves inside the ice biomes but there’s nothing but rock and lava D:

1 Like

I’ve noticed this as well. For some odd reason those caves are incredibly barren. The caves in the forest and the mountains at the edge of the desert are much better

2 Likes

For a mountain of ice you’d think that they’d hold atleast something preserved underneath :(. I did find a lot of coal and copper on the tops of the mountains atleast. I’ll try my chances at the other biomes you suggested.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: I got him before he got me :stuck_out_tongue:

So who’s building a bridge in the distance?

… and this looks like an ideal place for luxury holiday homes!

5 Likes

That was me lol. My base is right there.

2 Likes

I just kill spitters with hammer, no problem at all :stuck_out_tongue:

I find fossils and ancient technology from time to time when I run around those plateus at the outside walls.

Also under the ice in the glacier biomes. There are sometime plane ice areas with holes that make you enter the giant cave systems underneath. Rith now I just found a few fossils there, but huge veins of coal. Think that gave me more then 100 soft coal once…

2 Likes