Release 237: Oortmas!

Possibly the best thing, thanks for addressing this issue and coming up with a solution :grinning:

7 Likes

Oortmas O.O I don’t understand this stuff lol but fixes yay lol

3 Likes

Was never able to attend Oortmas last year so pretty interested to see what will happen, i finally get to buy my beard lol :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Trickyy’s first Oortmas too :partying_face:
Got some presents building up for people :smiley:

6 Likes

Can’t wait for Oortmas, thanks dev team! :grin:

I’ve tried to be a good lil Oortling! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, sort of… best I can… oh, go ahead and drop my well-earned lump of soft coal on me… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Good to see this hit. It is time we stop those that continue to use memory reading/injection to cheat and take advantages of game systems for their benefit over other players. It really is unfortunately that various people in this game choose to cheat.

If people know of other cheating or things that people do to take advantage of game mechanics especially via memory reading and other hacking techniques, please PM James directly with information (he will keep it private) and hopefully the devs can put fixes in.

Boundless will be a much better game for us all when it is fair and an even playing field for every person.

4 Likes

It’s worth adding that there has been no evidence that anyone was snooping beacon times and abusing it.

11 Likes

I do understand you hadn’t directly seen it but I don’t think anyone was doing a sting or replayed beacon expiration and how fast new plots showed to prove it didn’t. Additionally, it came out that it could be done which means people were clearly looking for that ability. So the incentive to cheat or take advantage of memory reading in all ways possible was likely based on behaviors of some.

There were many situations where it was very questionable how some people were always at beacons upon expiration as well as plenty of discussion in select groups about people doing it as well as expansion of the memory hacking toolset that was available. I wouldn’t have pushed it had I not heard it from trusted people. Of course that stuff would be kept quiet and only discussed among certain people because people didn’t want it to come out.

Whether it was done or not it is for the betterment of the game to stop this where we can. People can use it to create X-ray type tools to find all resources as well as map out where the resources sit. Advantages like this only make things worse in the perception of the game and how new/casual players might react. It isn’t good for the game on any level to have a lax agenda around cheating on any level. It should be a strong clear signal from the development team that any direction in this area is not tolerated on any level. Even if it was just “perceived to happen.”

Then we have very different definitions of evidence.

2 Likes

Is there a date for when this period ends? I infer this is a Sony thing, why the lockout?

Keep up the good work!

I dont know if its the right place to mention, but my emerald grapple’ projectile is purple (amethyst?) while shooting. I havent noticed it before so maybe it came with the new update.

2 Likes

Yay update!!! Booooo Sony!!! No time off Sony!! Work for your coins!!! Whip! Whip!! :joy:

2 Likes

Make a separate post under the “support” category, I think the dev who deals with bugs sorts through posts via the support tag :slight_smile:

Edit: I did it for you, I’m getting the same thing happen to me :slight_smile:

@james will we get some new things in the exchange for xmas? :smiley: new paints or something? :smiley:

1 Like

Some sneak peeks in the event thread :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I read

and i was fainting……for a second :):pancakes:

I have been saving up cubits on all of my characters for this beard :mage:

4 Likes

Almost time! :smile:

Twas the night before Oortmas
And all over the board
Citizens were planning
To snowball fight, craft, and hoard

The workshops were prepped
We’ve had time to prepare
New cosmetics to come
We will all craft and wear

The Oortlings were nestled
All snug in their bases…
Dreaming of Oortys, candy canes –
And sometime after, new races! :wink:

10 Likes

You can join some ones guild and look at the guild book to see when a beacon expires.

Additionally if you have a publicly accessibly guild book, its not that hard to look at the last online time for players in that guild and simply add 4 weeks to that time and then keep checking back on that specific date.

Since players are creatures of habit the last thing they probably did before quitting the game was login to refuel the beacon… if they were really logging in for the last time they were probably not going to bother using extended fuel for the beacon, if not add 4 more weeks, repeat until you show up on the right date…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.