Remove the tax sync from the game until it has a function

Taxes still Have no function in this game. It’s a huge pointless coin grab and it still goes no where. If there is no plan to fix this function in the game anytime soon can we just have it removed ? It currently serves no purpose and takes coin out of the economy for no reason.

6 Likes

I think that IS the point. Its a way to limit how much total coin is in the economy. Otherwise this leads into the rich only get richer.

Without it what will happen is people will only collect more coin and eventually accrue millions and not have to think twice about spending 15k on forged tools. Then shop keepers will recognize they can’t keep stock and can charge more for things because spending 20k on a forged tool is nothing when veterans have 20million. And they will continue to build off each other because, greed. This will make it so new players and even young veterans are unable to afford those prices.

They call it a coin sink. Real world economies do the same thing. They have to manage how much currency is out floating around so things don’t inflate at insane amounts.

11 Likes

The other issue is once you already have the tax put into place, if you remove it and then bring it back people will complain even more…

Some people really need to learn what Inflation does.

5 Likes

Take it out now and maybe most people will be happy.

Then add it again and watch the world burn

You know you can avoid tax right. Only buy from stands and only sell to baskets. Tada no tax.

Granted it can be a pain but You have to see it more linke offline trading you pay a fee to the world.

He does have a point. Taxes usually go to a larger, over-seeing entity to make things like roads and such for everyone. In this game, they go into outer space and no one gets them, nor benefits.

With warps, Exos, guild machines, etc…this game has more than enough coin sinks already.

4 Likes

Used to think warden of the world got the taxes but that bubble pops fast…

2 Likes

Like that roads would generate for example more coin. But then there would be worlds covered with roads😉

In this game, a road is just a “plot” with voxel blocks placed on it - just the same as a house or any other build. If roads actually provided a benefit, speed boost, etc…I might view it differently…but the game sees it the same as any other plot/blocks.

Edit to add: I just tossed the term “road” out there as a possible benefit that a city might provide to it’s denizens. Other things that the coin could be used for: contests for entertainment/moral-boost/fun, guild machines, buildings, etc.

1 Like

Once a year 25% of all taxed coin should be raffled away in a lottery? Lol or a new event known as the Oortiverse Olympics!

3 Likes

Would be nice if it went to a world savings thingy more coin the world generates more benefits.
Like Black Friday events or work benefits place x blocks and you get a reward for that month.

3 Likes

Real economics use taxes to pay for your services. More money moving in an Economy is a healthy economy.

1 Like

Agreed but i have suggested several times to add to a beacon that “this beacon is a road” you get the press and all but you won’t pull a zone (kind of like a buffer) imagine the several city zones you can create in close proximity.:wink:

[eddit] sorry off topic cary on😉

1 Like

I say all collected taxes get distributed to the top settlements on that planet. Give builders more incentive to make more beautiful builds to promote the game… on a side note, I’m a terrible builder and not in the top so it’s not a motivated comment.

2 Likes

I used to think that this is actually what happened lol

2 Likes

Lol… same. Then I asked the one of the top guys lol

2 Likes

Victory of AntarVI for about 1 year and no surprise coin.:wink: sadly

1 Like

Dam!! Give this man coin!! It’s an honourable feat !

1 Like

Taxes collected go to nowhere. Coin in the chrysominter comes from nowhere.

We should just get rid of anything in-game I don’t directly benefit from and keep all the things I do directly benefit from. Then it’ll be the best game ever, until I get bored from the lack of challenge.

5 Likes