Remove trading category from forums and discord

Now that there’s a trading channel in game, there’s three total places you have to check for trades. If you think of trades as a matchmaking service this is unnecessarily diluting the queues.

Only some players use the forums and discord, but all players play the game. So I think the in-game chat should become the one true source of trade communication.

1 Like

It would be good for quick trades. But if you are listing things. A lot of people will use all the services provided to gather items. I dont think the trade network should be bottle necked with just an in game time and location sensitive channel. It should be broadened, there are many different approaches to trying to centralize and broaden the trade scene to bolster the economy

1 Like

Don’t use the in game one… much prefer forum/discord!

5 Likes

Hmm sounds like the in-game one does not meet the needs yet. What would it take to get ppl using the in game one?

1 Like

Making the chat in general less cumbersome I think would make a difference. I find it’s almost a chore getting a message not in the main chat, especially if I’m busy.

Also, I completely disagree with removing the out of game channels. I think they are far more used than in game at the moment, at least from what I’ve seen.

3 Likes

tabulated, good length to the history, control over text style/sizes/colours - then I might move in there… but discord is a great way to send links around and get chatting quickly… it’s very agile to move around on… and the forum has nice pictures :)… so would still use multiple things to enrich the boundless experience

2 Likes

No point in limiting ourselves. Usually having more avenues to information provides you with more information. Discord and the forums reach people when they aren’t logged in, so it can give you access to players who’s playtime barely overlaps your own.

3 Likes

I would rather we keep the other trade channels. I do use the Trade channel some, but I’ve never gotten any replies from it since it seems you have to have the channel open to see messages posted in it?

Also, I like to read and post in such channels when I am afk to varying degrees, sometimes i’m just in the other room, sometimes i’m at work. I can always reference someone to my store when they are looking for something that I know I have in stock and its a price they want it for.

1 Like

i really do think people are not aware of the trade channel for in game. even though it was posted in the notes and updates. I had even read over that topic and forgotten that was even a thing. With such a small community, people tend to use what has worked in the past. we almost all know who each other are and that trade function may be intended to broaden the future. but right now, we all just pm each other.

Keep all of them and improve the one in game.

Taking options away isn’t ever that great of an idea. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

also ingame you have far to few space to type all the prices you want to share. Even for hunting i have to few characters to inform people correctly about all the things they need to know

2 Likes

Not to mention the global channels are rate-limited to 3 messages per hour. …

1 Like

That’s not conducive to conversation

I would be 100% for the trade site that was made except it excludes PS4 players. No matter how you spin it, it gives a completely unfair advantage.

I DO love being able to find prices to compare for both in store and request baskets. I would have zero issue if the coordinates were removed. That way we could use it as a pricing tool.

Also only a maximum of 3 in a row. I was done with my ‘ad’ a while ago, the 3rd msg was just a few words, plenty of space but had none to add so hit enter to then only realise I didn’t say how to get to my place so wanted to add that real quick, nope, not possible had to wait an hour I think it was.

1 Like

Yeah For those who use discord And I Do Not Use It, so I would be penalized for not doing so. I have enough problems with the two discords I am on. One I hardly ever use any more but when my back, hopefully, gets better, as it is a gaming discord, I can get back to it. We discussed games, the streams of the Pateron, chatted on non-game stuff and just had a lot of fun. I miss the lack of backstabbing, the mud slinging that happens often, here at times I feel like quitting the forum but I can get info I need and best of all trade my excess for what I need.
Take it away would hurt a lot of players. I contact from it the ones I want to trade with on PM.
Need to clarify, the problems is finding the time, the typing, and in the gaming one overwhelmed. There are hundreds of posts a day there.

I’m sold that the other channels still have their uses and we should keep them (for now??).

It sounds like the newest channel with potentially the largest reach is in third place compared to the others. I suspect there’s more to it than usage habits. The advantages listed so far:

Forums: You can post photos easily; respond asynchronously
Discord: You can post links easily; real-time
In-game: You can reach all players; real-time

Any ideas so we can have it all?

1 Like

Add forum UI to game. Problem solved!

My quesion to you is it neccessary to have one “channel” to trade and does it require the removal of other forms of trading communication?

People can not trade effectively with the current limitations on how many times people can post in an hour so that would need to be changed quite a lot.

Furthermore. Not all trades can be done via real time chat. The right buyers and sellers are not always online at the same time. A forum post allows a more static record of the request that can be found later on.

No. We don’t need to add everything into the game. It creates more work for the devs. It opens more doors for bugs. When there is other infrastructure available and it is good, and it works and meets the needs, there is no reason to try to reinvent it for yourself.

2 Likes