Request: beacon permission for “build only”

No deleting, no accessing, just building

6 Likes

I would love a “Doors Only” option also, I share a few mines and dont want them in my storages XD

4 Likes

The advanced guild locks should hopefully help with giving permissions to different machines/storages/doors etc.

What would happen if the builder made a mistake? Would they be able to remove the block?

Only if they placed it?
Edit: time limited?

2 Likes

It needs to be a setting outside of guild tools. We should not have to guild jump if we want to hire a builder.

I understand you’re suggesting the way the current iteration will potentially work but this setting needs to be a base setting to the game.

It could be placing only; if they make a mistake they need to get help. Or removal of blocks that have no contents only (no removing shelves, machines or furnaces with contents). It would make it easier to grant permissions more widely.

All the current ones let people access all your stuff. Locks may help, but more detailed permissions would help more (IMO)

1 Like

Actually, that was part of the original premise behind being able to join multiple guilds. So you could have a guild of contractors to do work for you.

I agree, the whole storage, machines, door access was always something I didn’t like, as you couldn’t go granular enough - it’s all or nothing. I’m hoping the advanced locks will go a long ways to making that more manageable. I guess we’ll have to see where that takes us first.

1 Like

I could really use some help, but I can’t use the all-or-nothing perms as they are.

I’d like anyone to be able to add oort shards to portals, a perm to allow someone to edit sign text, and perms to place (maybe remove)non-interactive blocks.

2 Likes

I don’t want to join guilds. That’s my point. I shouldn’t have to join guilds to get access to these measures. They should be inherent to the home beacons themselves, unless that’s just not possible.

1 Like

guild buffs are essentially rewards for working together…

Guild permissions should be a different issue than build permissions, which I think most can agree would benefit from more granularity.

Can anyone propose a reason to NOT have more granularity?

We aren’t discussing guild buffs though. We’re talking about beacon permissions. The way some permissions are enabled are only doable by being in a guild. An independent person should be able to flag a setting on a beacon to allow a person and/or guild to build only on the plot area.

This has nothing to do with the helix’s or buffs.

I added the caveat of unless it’s just not possible due to coding. It seems the way they are coding permissions is via guild. Eve online did something similar with Corp and alliance settings which after years and years made towers and moon mines a real struggle and required the code be completely reworked because the original coder was no longer with the company. Essentially the code was like spaghetti at that point.

Unless it’s just impossible to be done, a lot of these permissions that are enabled via being in a guild should be tied in inherently to the home beacon themselves.

I believe that the new locks are usable by anyone and do not need a guild, as stated below.

I read that as the door locks will have a new tier with the ability to have settings.

Well I was going to pm you my question but there’s no message button when I view your profile.

Out of curiosity why are you against joining a guild? You don’t even have to interact with anyone in a guild if you don’t want to. Don’t even have to talk to someone to join a guild. Don’t have to donate. Nothing is forced upon you other than maybe guild buffs for being in a guild

People are basically saying the replies about guild permissions are off topic and don’t address the request, I think. Same for door locks, really.

No reason it should be too hard to code.

Ohh you’re right heh I misread your comment, my bad! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just not my thing any more these days. After gaming for 20+ years I’ve been in all shapes and flavors of guilds. Casual, hardcore, RP, profit oriented, etc etc.

I generally find a few folks and just do things with them during their non guild functions. Has worked pretty well for a long time now.