Request for blocks that move players

First time posting so I apologize if this is in the game buried somewhere.

Could we get a set of blocks that would move players (or pesky invading mobs maybe) in a direction a couple blocks distant? It could be like a fan that would slide a player away, or a small jump pad that would bounce them NSEW depending on which way the block was meant to go…

I would like to make tunnels and conveyors that people could use to get from A to B without a portal. Portals are nice for long distances but you sorta miss where you are on a planet. It would be nice to have like a block that acts like a trampoline with an arrow so you step on it and it bounces you 8 or so blocks in one direction… then another arrow bouncy block to keep you going… and another… so you could place blocks X distance apart and bounce a player around a path quicker than if you were running. Or place them in a set pattern to bounce people to locations around sprawling settlements.

The decoration and building options are great, but it would be nice for more blocks that interact. I would love high bouncy blocks for elevators, and slow fall blocks that affect the surrounding area… many ways to move people around some of these creations easier.

7 Likes

i heard dev talk about a conveyor block but nothing was confirmed
i also want elevators

2 Likes

Elevators would be amazing! Great idea!

in beta i made a building that has a elevator system using water if they could gives us a invisible fluid that makes ya go up i think it could work as elevator force field kinda thing

1 Like

this is very old post that i made about samethink def checkout the last message there it confirms that the dev’s at one time where messing with it

also check lucasdeltesto concerns funny that later on people did just that with loop portals and slides hahaha
i start a new sugestion with my liquids modifying idea lol maybe it could work

I’m not gonna lie. When I se these posts I just think about my request for an auto repairing coil machine. The game lends itself to such a fantastic way of automation and industialization, it’s just mind boggling.

And why stop at moving blocks, or fans or conveyor belts. I’d love to create defense systems as well.

Lots of fun things we could imagine!