Request to stop nerfing footfall

Going off old post on footfall directly from the devs, footfall is rewarding yes, but not the staple income you depend on. I love footfall. I like building worthy things that increase players curiosities and footfall.

I’m the first to chime in on the footfall doomsdayers. But it is still none the less not intended to be a staple income. Just a humble reward for creative building by the devs. That said, those who built hubs and awesome roads and own cities, did nothing different than you or I could have done with the same amount of time or energy.

1 Like

You’re right. Anyone could do it with time and energy. And the constant daily upkeep :wink:

Basically, portal hubs are a job. The footfall is our paycheck, and since we are technically the government, we have to pay upkeep to keep the roads(portals) from breaking up and being unusable. So in my personal opinion, having footfall give enough to be able to keep hubs like that up is the best for the game. Don’t know many players who would have the patience to play without hubs in general.

3 Likes

And to add to this, We also have to buy/gather the oortstone to upkeep the roads. So every dime we make goes directly into the economy. So it’s literally a government lol.

I didn’t read any footfall nerf on any patch notes.
So i guess its a bug maybe ?
or it just population of this game drop ?

They better stop change anything without note on the patch notes again.
(its really unprofessional.)

1 Like

It’s funny people are saying that we know which shops to use and stuff so we travel less/go directly to the portals we need, but everyone is changing prices fairly often so if you’re only hitting the same stores you’re missing out. I’ve found plenty of deals lately. I’ve been running around buying stuff from shop A and B and selling to shop C and D for a decent profit with minimal effort.

2 Likes

Yesterday as a test my friend on another account ran an alt he never plays through ten of my test beacons and generated ZERO footfall. This myth is hard-confirmed. 10k prestige or close on all the beacons in the settlement.

You don’t need Money for anything @wolfpack2012. Just get a bunch of people together, Hunt some Meteors, and there you go. A bunch of Resources to sell, and Oortstone to use for the portals.

Stop being lazy, and work for what you build!

Artists create Art for free, just to make Art. Some of them make Art for money by Restricting who can view it, and others do Commissions, where people pay them to draw something for them.

So why not do the same thing with building, as they are effectively the same thing?

Build for free. And if you want money, either Cover it completely and charge people to come in and view the creations, or Have people pay you to build something for them.

Instead of Footfall, put in a Donation Box, where people can donate coins directly, without having to buy something. If people like what you created, they will donate. If they don’t like it, they won’t Donate, so you can remove said creation and create something better.

And if you really want to make it more realistic too, Artist make very very little money. Working at Mc Donalds for a month nets you more money than most artists make in a year.

So realistically, Builders should be making the least money out of all the roles, not the most money.

1 Like

Portal hubs will not be sustainable forever.

Like everything they will rise and fall pushing their owner to optimize and evolve. Instead of blindly burn fuel for useless destinations and oversized structures.

Everything goes as planned.

1 Like

footfall is not instant. it seems to show up only in chunks.

instead of hunting, they are providing a service that is free for the ppl that use that service.

i see no problem with that,
tbh i saw how @Hashmalash and @wolfpack2012 spended alot of time to rearange the main hub, manage requests of ppl that want portals, this is also alot of work, in the time they did this some other ppl hunted, mined, did other stuff, so for me its valid that they get a revenue from that.

but as far as i see there was no nerf on footfall income at all

3 Likes

I think the new HUB is the reason for the percieved Footfall Nerf. More people are using direct portals than wandering the city streets looking for shops off the networked path. It may not be JUST this new hub but rather the creation of a few large hubs and many players are learning and settling on their portal routes to get places and less random exploring is taking place.

I am worried my shop will see NO customers if I don’t have a portal to it from a hub. I will be requesting a portal tonight to the new hub. I think it looks really great and open and visible for all shops. Im looking forward to bargain hunting through it.

3 Likes

maybe the devs should consider:

• give more benefit if ppl walk more long distances inside a beacon
    (this way ppl that create loong roads over the planet would get more if ppl walk long distances on it)

• give abit coins the directly neighbored beacons from a plot (plot neighbor if from another player net beacon neighbor), so if someone walks through a town road, the ppl having buildings on that road get a share.
    (Because if ppl explore cities and like them it should be sure that the ppl that actaully made the buildings getting share, not just the road owner)

• get footfall if ppl look onto a beacon structure / blocks inside a beacon for a moment, like often i watch impressive buildings from outside but i mostly dont go into it
    (well actually i extra go into it to make sure the builder get some footfall from me being impressed by it lol)

1 Like

My busy shop has gone from getting 2k-4k to getting zero so maybe a bug? Seems strange to me I see people coming and going all the time but I’m getting zero footfall now.

1 Like

@JackRabbit same thing was happening with my bridge settlement. See people, lots of people, coming and going. Check the beacon that night, 80 coins.

This is an actual problem and not a simple matter of defective perception. Footfall is not something that appears 6-8 weeks later.

i literraly shed a tear image

first time someone actually though about how much work we do ^^ thank you !!

15 Likes

Dude, Can i link up with you tonight to set up a portal? I was listening to my bro set one up 2 nights ago (Davanzati) and he said you were really easy to work with. (Also very busy)

I read that yall are only relocating “existing portals” right now, so i understand if i have to wait. I’ll get on discord tonight.

In about 24 hours we will be opening the remaining shop portals to everyone. Cause we gave current shops enough time to reserve spots by then. Although I can’t promise there will be any avail right away, but portals are constantly closing, so if that’s the case just keep an eye out for “available” portal signs.

1 Like

ive seen many people running smaller hubs those links take away footfall as well maybe

I think the problem was already tracked down in the other topic about this, linked earlier:

And also because of how the cooldown is saved: its not a permanent save and gets cleared in case the world with the beacon, or all servers in the case of patches, goes offline for whatever reason, or crashes, etc.

So, my hypothesis is that with servers crashing less lately, it became more obvious that the 24 hour cooldown was not working as intended, leading to the decreased footfall we’re seeing recently.

3 Likes

Honestly i’ve just restarted last week and there are many hubs i’ve been exploring, just to find my routes and shops i like.

There are a lot. Several smaller ones too alongside the multiple big hubs. Eventually the hubs will need a draw to them, well organized, multiple reasons to visit (Hint. Hint. FREE MINES and reserved gathering spots), small bits of entertainment mazes whatever etc.

A collection of shops is nice. But if that’s the only draw, you’ve more competition coming every day. Did I mention free mines? And Whatever happened to the hunters highway from beta? I could do these whatever happened too’s forever :D. A chain of portals to remote (even reserved) FLAT hunting areas would also boost your traffic from hunters, as it always used to.

1 Like