Requesting Chisel Ideas!

In anticipation on the new chisels being released to the live server, I was wondering if anyone who played on the testing servers had any good tips!
There are so many new shapes so a redesign of my settlement is definitely gonna be necessary. If anyone has any screenshots of cool shapes and patterns you can make, that would be much appreciated :wink:

I dunno about ideas, but here are my tips from Testing (note: I only tried up through gold, couldnā€™t bring myself to go get everything to make titanium by myselfā€¦ Mining isnā€™t my fave :stuck_out_tongue: )

• The bevel chisels (iron and gold) are my favorites, hands down. They make it possible to get way more ā€œorganicā€ looking shapes than you ever could before.

• You canā€™t really ā€œcombineā€ chisel types on a single block ā€“ I mean, if you hit a block into a slope, you canā€™t then hit a corner of the slope with a bevel. It doesnā€™t do anything. Seems obvious, but it caught me out a couple times.

• You can combine chisel types on adjacent blocks, of course. Just takes a bit more thought to work out what you want and how to get the edges to match up smoothly.

• Perhaps you have the kind of brain that can imagine spatial-flippy fold-the-cube rotate-three-times-then-flip stuff easilyā€¦ I, however, sure as Oort do not! Sooo if youā€™re like me, be prepared to spend a lot of time experimenting (ā€œmaybe if I hit it hereā€¦no waitā€¦wrong edgeā€¦ā€).

• Also, gold chisels wear out amazingly quickly. Not surprising, and the same as all gold tools, but Iā€™d forgotten that part. Iā€™ll check on the gem chisels in just a bit, soon as my update downloads!

• It can be hard to hit the vertex you want, sometimes, because you usually have to have line of sight to it, i.e., canā€™t hit it through the block. Except sometimes you can. I dunno. Be ready to grapple yourself around a lot. Also sometimes two hits with the precise version will work where one hit with the imprecise one wouldnā€™t.

• It can be hard to tell which vertex youā€™re hitting, too, because thereā€™s no visual indicator like you get with block placing. Which is the same as the old chisels, only now itā€™s more so! :smiley:

• chisels are the best.

[Edit: looks like gem chisels are in the workbench, but I donā€™t have the raw mats to make them and shops seemā€¦a bit broken. But here are the types:

Amethyst Square
Diamond Precise Bevel
Emerald Bevel
Ruby Slope
Sapphire Precise Square
Topaz Precise Slope]

[Edit 2: Diamond Precise Bevel Chisel works as advertised!]

5 Likes

SPHERES :smiley: !!!

In a Cubic world we need spheresā€¦ ironically the amount of spheres/circles Iā€™v seen people wanna do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like