Resin & Petrolim

The availability of resin and Petrolim is poorly resolved as it occurs only on exoplanets and can not be recovered by means of a regeneration bomb. The planets are completely depleted after a short time.

Those who do not sit at the computer at the right time can only buy the resin at a high price on the market and contribute to the accumulation of capital among the players, who are already wealthy because they are always online. In any case, I will not produce or use fertilizer. This is clearly too expensive and brings too little benefit.

As a solution, I could imagine MUCH larger deposits, or the ability to renew them with bombs, so that players on the second day on the exoplanet can still find. Otherwise, you can save the expensive teleport to Exo because of such materials.

Soon enough everyone will have more than enough of everything related to farming. Just give it some time.

atm the price is 300 and below which is far better and fair than the start overprice at 5k to 10k xD

2 Likes

For the foreseeable future I’ve (pretty much) quit (won’t destroy the town due to guild members still being there and log in to fuel portals for guild mates), So I can easily give you 100 of both at no cost if you need some.

1 Like

Ah, where is selling at 300?

I dont know the locations but the last few shop stands i’ve seen have it for 300 to 400

Ps Circa hub have some

otherwise I have 100 of each I myself sell for 300 ea

1 Like

Thank you, but I was lucky last week and could find something so that I can at least expand my farm with it. But I also know players who did not have that luck. And even if donated, I would be reluctant to waste the rare material for fertilizer. It would be a pity.

The few players thanks to time and progress can almost completely secure rare resources, only to then sell them at maximum prices, in my view, a bad game design. As these players are generally well supplied, trading often only works in one direction.

Instead of making content or materials artificially rare, all players should be able to participate and benefit from it.

1 Like

I have never understood this type of thinking. The reason for rarity of items is for incentive to play more its not that hard a concept. Like in real life if I work longer and more I get more money (Incentive), if I dont should I be mad at my boss because I found other things a higher priority then working for him/her? Of course not.

This has been at the heart of gaming since its inception the casual vs hardcore and I have never understood it and still dont. Lets say in your perfect world everyone got everything they wanted no matter their participation or input or time what exactly is the incentive to log on or play? If a game doesnt challenge me I wont play it (my personal feelings) and games are meant to challenge you in some way.

Its pretty simple time in game helps the game as a whole whether youre a casual or a hardcore player look at these folks above willing to give you a hand they spent time effort and energy getting these mats and are willing to help. Thats the beauty when the two sides casual and hardcore meet and I think theres a place for both. Getting frustrated and asking for game change is a little over the top but thats just my opinion if you could can convince me otherwise Im all ears.

7 Likes

It’s not like it hard work to get them, it’s the scarcity that gets people angry. Even “hardcore” players don’t always get a look in

2 Likes

Its only scarce at the start a month from now no one will care much about it not everyone loves to farm or build its only scarce because demand at the moment. Like a couple weeks ago it was like 5k but now look at it.

That is the point! If the player arrives at the exoplanet after 3 hours, do not play anymore, because there is nothing left! So you can work longer for your boss, but he’ll tell you in the end that the money has already been spent and you have worked for free.

No one demands that something be given away. Without investing time and effort, a player would not get any material if it were not immediately looted completely by other players. It should just be able to find something every player on the exoplanet. Only then will there be fair trade and balanced interaction between the players. Otherwise we get only a copy of our imperfect real society of wealth and poverty, upper class and lower class. That would not be a desirable game world for me.

1 Like

This will always be because we are all flawed as human beings and as such we (even in game) have different desires wants and ambitions.

I don’t think anyone is specifically asking for these materials to be made easier to get per se. From what I’ve experienced on this forum I believe I’m classed as a casual player but I prefer to think if myself as a regular player. The reason I’m a “casual” player is due to work and family commitments otherwise I would be playing a lot more. As a casual player I have found the timing of most exos to be at odds with having to go to bed because I have to be up early for work the next day and therefore rather drive to work under the influence of sleep deprivation I choose to miss the exo. In terms of resin these resources are cleared out within the first few hours so by the time I get home from work there’s no point in looking for any.
Last weekend we had a whole bunch of exos appear at a similar time, this allowed a lot of people the chance to get some sought after resources because there where too many for the hardcore players to be on all at the same time. For me It’s not about the resources being easier to get it’s more to do with having the opportunity to get them.

Edited the reference to petroleum as generally it has been still available days after the exo spawns.

2 Likes

Its relatively new so Im pretty positive with time it wont be that scarce. Just relax because soon like in any game this will be abundant. You will be tripping over the stuff believe me lol.

2 Likes

Remove it from atlas, so everyone have a chance to find it when explore.

3 Likes

Soon the hype for resin and petrolim will die down. Personally i don’t even look for it even more since i have enough for fertilizer and decoration and want other people to get some. If anyone needs petrolim or resin for atlas let me know and I’ll give a free one.

Then just pop it in a blank atlas, keep your liquid breaker and atlas at hand and hope an exo spawns at a good time for you.

But I can agree, my main issue with these limited resources is it’s first come first serve. No challenge involved, I got dinner started late last night because an exo popped on my way out of the house to go to the store :joy::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

The world oceans should be full of resin instead of water or lava, so it’s more than the greedy can possibly take all of it.

You remember these 4 umbris worlds, they went out with having petrolim on them…

5 Likes

Thinking on this some more, I’ve thrown out a few other thoughts in other threads, but another hit me… what if it, on the exos where it is found, had a TINY drop rate from a couple source blocks?

So resin, that is a product of trees really… so perhaps give tree trunks a drop rate of around .1% or so. Chop enough and you’ll get some though RNG might not be your friend. :wink: Petrolim, seems like fossils should be the source, so those being more rare, bump it up to maybe .25-.50% - break a few hundred and you’ll probably get a piece.

Not much, but it would reward the time if you are willing to put it in.

3 Likes

Because so many were released at once I was able to get 2 SS of petroleum even though I only visited the exo on the 2nd from last day. What was left was a pain to get because all the easy spots had gone but it was still available to those willing to put in a little extra hard work to find it. So far resin has been the biggest pain to get to in time.