[Resolved- bridging issue] My city just lost 5.5mil prestige

So Thursday before bed I checked the prestige for my city because I’m trying to make it a great city. Well when I checked then I was just under 29 million, I also checked my main character and he had put in 10mil. Now my city is at 23.4 and my character has only 5mil in pretige given. No beacons have gone out, I have gleam club and I also checked every spot in my city and every beacon is on. I farmed all day yesterday only thing I did in my city is plant mass kindling and combustion. Where did my prestige go?

Does anyone else have access?

Devs doing ninja updates?

A few have permissions but everything in my city is beaconed by me and nothing is gone.

I hope not, don’t know how much of nerfing I will continue to take if that’s the case. I don’t build for prestige but one of my goals was to reach great city and with the marble nerf and this I’ve lost 10 mil. Pretty discouraging

2 Likes

You sure you didn’t add any plots anywhere that could have caused bridging of multiple settlements?

3 Likes

Good question I’ll have to check

I doubt it in this case. My prestige seems to be exactly as it has been, unless it’s some material I’m not using. We’d see a huge shift in cities across all planets though if that were the case, which it doesn’t appear to be.

This seems like an isolated incident, so either someone stole some blocks (perhaps ones that were hidden) - or a part of the city merged with another close by?

Let us know if you find the answer.

Hmm… does blocks that are in storage count towards prestige?

2 Likes

Nope.

But if there were a lot of high value blocks hidden underground that someone stealth took, that could be it. Would take a lot of doing though, mining out that much prestige worth of blocks unnoticed.

1 Like

They wouldn’t count towards prestige if they aren’t plotted, if they are plotted they can’t be taken…

1 Like

Nobody is close to me and the plots I added were connected to plots I’ve had for months now. I don’t see how it could If bridges or split.

I’d just walk around with plot view on and look for anything with red stripes. Add more plots or remove plots in those areas

1 Like

Even if it was your plots. Look for rows of 1 plot wide. It should show in plot view. They’ll have a red line in them I believe. Could cause it to say bridge multiple settlements and not adding the prestige. Make at least 2 wide and I think it should help. Where are you building?

2 Likes

Is ur farm ultra massive? Crops have different prestige value depending on their growth stage if i remember correctly

3 Likes

It’s why I asked if he’d given permission to anyone else, which he has. It’s a possibility.

I’ve never had a friend steal from me, but the forums are full of such stories.

1 Like

@Kaplah I’ll come over and have a look, invite me to a party :smiley:

It’s back to what it was I think @georgegroeg solved it. I placed down more plots and it worked. I appreciate everyone who tried to help me out. Thank you

10 Likes

Glad to see this resolved! As such, I’m going to go ahead and mark the thread [resolved] on your behalf.

4 Likes