[Resolved] How to Portal?

I am a bit confused here (just because i forgot from the tutorial - and wish i could reset it)

ok so i crafted my first portal block - i understand i need to place 6 or smth? (like in tutorial?) - however i DO remeber pointing totem stick at ky in tutorial and a beam going to the planet - well i am on Therka (EU) pointed totem at another planet (i am in the ICE-FLATS and cant find any green) but no beam happend - it just hit the air - i am confused - cheers

Basically how to set the totem to beam the thingywhatsit? cheers

Added the question marks because i noticed people lookiong but no replies (sorry to misslead you)

ok, so when you install the picker on your totem, you need to left-click and hold the button so instead of a hit you have a totem in one position longer; the beam can be then move around the surface of a planet and you can chose when you want to land;

Are you talking about portals or warps? They’re two different things as warps are temporary and portals are permanent (so long as they’re fueled). Warps take 5 rocks and 5 timber and you can place them in multiple configurations. The easiest one is to have one on top of another (2 total).

Pointing your totem at the sky was to get the coordinates of a new world. To do the same, you’ll need warp picker upgrade. The recipe for it can be found at boundlesscrafting.com.

Side note: replies can take longer to write than 1 minute. You just posted this not too long ago, give it a few minutes haha.

2 Likes

As for the size of the warp/portal - it depends on how far you are going. Warp within your planet can be 2 blocks, then you’ll need 6 to the closest world and then it gets really big.

Please do specify though what you are trying to use, warp conduits or portal conduits?

yeh sorry just impatient because (a reason i ask for reset function) i cant actually find what i need :confused: - i mean rock/wood is not hard to come by :stuck_out_tongue: just there is a dangerous ground chasm which i fallinto a lot! lol - reason i would like to be able to change server/world very easy but we can’t

Sorry

i need the upgrade thingy for the new planet above Therka so the warp thing?

Yep. It requires spark so you’ll need a spark core

sorry i did not notice this sentence i will log on and try this - but do i still need the upgrade or not? also do i need to KNOW where i am going to land or mnot

yes, you need to craft (or buy) a picker - when you have it in your inventory you just move it to the slot where your totem is and they become one tool; then have your totem equipped, aim at a planet and hold left mouse button until you have the beam produced; don’t release the button until you pick a spot on the planet that you are happy with;

you can also simply go and buy a location marker to another planet that someone else made and save it in your locations; you can warp to that place then normally through sanctum or by building your own warp

you need the upgrade to go to a new world.

You do not need to know where you’ll land.

thank you both will try this now - if i dont reply know that i am sorted (i might reply just out of politeness :stuck_out_tongue: sorted or smth) cheers

So what you had at the moment when you pointed at a planet was a totem + warp ammunition picker. That addition let’s you select a place at a planet and save the location. For you to later warp there.

There’s a concept you need to understand first, there’s warps and portals. Both will vary in number of conduits used depending on how far you wish to go (hops). Portals will use portal conduits and warps use warp conduits.

What you’re referring to are warps, they take coins to open and they take you to your saved location of choice, plus they’re one time use. Portals need oort shards to maintain and open and a pair of them to work.

Now you seem to be stuck where you are. I suggest hitting “esc” and returning to sancturn. Threre interact with the open warp and bump it to a safe location to get out of holes.

And if you want to go off planet, going to the therka market.

Ps: writing on mobile is a pain and takes too long

yes, when you dont travel on foot, you need to have a location saved to be able to travel through warp/portal;

totem with picker (one that sends a beam to a planet) is a way to get a location and save it on your list of known places
when you have it saved you can travel that by building a warp or by going to sanctum and using the portal that is closed (press E to interact and chose a location from your list)

oh just a quick side note - if anyone would like to give me live help you may add me as Trolls never get justice - on steam :slight_smile:

P.s don’t worry i am used to oh god, its you! (sorry ) :wink: i can be very outspoken it is a failing of mine

1 Like

this matter should now be seen as solved (thanks to @boundmore dding me on steam and telling me to find therka market and pointing me in the right direction - i have now got in with a few good guys who are allowing me to help build their village and showed me the city (market etc and portals) so if not for you guys i would have forever been a noob so thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like