Road fix

Hey i feel a easy fix for this road problem would be to add a new tab in the beacon UI labled connecter. In this tab it will have near by plots or beacon section. When a beacon is near it will appear and ask for your permission to accept the joining of settlements through the road. In order to make the road a connecter the two settlement owners must both confirm that this is what they want by accepting the terms on the connecter tab in the master beacon UI. This will allow people to keep their settlements connected aswell as keep people from taking over other settlements with a missive road. It would also allow settlements the chance to make roads to other settlements without the stress of being connected and taken over allowing for the making of road systems like highways with signs that lead you to settlements like IRL.

2 Likes

this right here is the best part. This is why we need this kind of feature…
if all parties agree, then join settlements. Now the question is, which settlement becomes which? would it be in the UI? (preferably) or maybe the person placing the triggering plot sends a request to join the settlement? what if there are two valid settlements just enough away for them both to be triggered, who gets the request? I think in this case it would have to be UI based so the player can select which settlement to join. Then again it could be determined by the direction they are facing when placing it. (again I would favour UI)

1 Like

The player making the road would send the initial request but the settlement it would become would still rely on who has the most pristige. That being said the road would not count for very much pristige unless it was massive

I still think the person placing the connecting plot should be able to decide (or request) which settlement to join. If its automatically the larger one it defeats the purpose of this kind of feature and is more like the current-ish (before this last update) system.
I really like the idea of player-driven settement building.
I dont mind that long/narrow roads between settlements dont count towards the settlement but a road IN a settlement shouldnt cause the settlement to split into several.
I think having both players agree is really the best solution.

Yea a small road in the settlement wouldnt really count toward this idea of a road. I felt this was more of a solution for the roads that wrap around the world. If its a small road in the settlement most likely the settlement is already established. I feel if the settlement was diternined by the person connecting it or accepting it would just defeat the whole pristige competition system in settlements.