Roadrunner Hunt/Sweet Bean collecting area portal open

I didn’t start a thread for the new sovereign this is on, but figure - especially with adrenal glands being so high - that this one area is worth starting a thread for. Opened up a portal towards the southern end of a large, flat desert area (no holes in the ground) that is pretty ideal, and fun, for running around and sniping Roadrunners on. It is a T6, so get a lot of the higher level ones, but easy enough to avoid most mobs - though I pick off the Hoppers too as they are easy and profitable. :wink: Corrosive world, I suggest grabbing a sniper Topaz or Sapphire slingbow, EZPZ has some great ones for it. The RRs are really pretty easy pickings with those and a decent setup.

Portal is on the upper tier at Paka’s Palace, Alcyon, access via TNT Alcyon. Posting some of the loot from less than one slingbow below; quite profitable and really pretty enjoyable running around slaughtering. :smiling_imp: Also, it is a great sweet bean area, I noticed someone appeared to already figure that out, haha. :smiley: Good planet for some other collecting and mining too, you’ll see a couple other portals to other spots on it at the opposite end of the balcony the portal is on.

https://twitter.com/NMS_Screenshots/status/1353326391521988608

20 Likes

The best thing is that the more the merrier for the glands. For the beans it’s another story.
You already monopolized the mining of all resources (I only use your planets - I have with me, a stack of atlases only for your planets) - now you’re taking over Road Runners too? :smiley:

ps. The planet is a gathering heaven!

Regards,

3 Likes

Hehe, I’m branching out. :grin: I’ve been attending some group hunts lately, which are a blast! :slight_smile: But solo, I really can’t handle more than a 1 or 2 on a T4. After playing with it a lot and looking at prices, struck me I’d be a lot better off coin-wise if I went for higher level roadrunners and hoppers when not group hunting. Roadrunners just drop so many good things - feathers, glads, oort.

I’m actually tempted to try making a pure collecting/hunting T6, sacrificing the gems entirely. Would probably go Toxic if so, as the glow caps do best there. :thinking: If I did this and ended up with a better area to get them, might swap this. Ideally, if I could get a big desert like this merging into some other flat no-grass/hole ones like Cube Field.

Glad the worlds are getting use!! :smiley:

7 Likes

:heart_eyes: I am so excited for this!!! I hunt roadrunners on McRib just about every day. Having a change in scenery will be nice! Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Great to hear, happy to help!! :grin: If I play around with a Toxic collecting world and it has a good area, I’ll add it here too then, even if I don’t extend might be fun to have another one. :slight_smile: (Even if it lands on Norkyna, could swap my TNT Corruption portal to it)

2 Likes

This is what 15 minutes got me:

136 Sweet Bean
73 Spicy Bean
498 Fleshy Leaf
272 Fibrous Leaf
5 Rough Oortstone
17 Adrenals

plus a lot of yams of all kinds!

Regards,

4 Likes

Did an experiment and the result was: I’m going to try another. :rofl:

I learned from it though. Sacrificing the water might not have been a good idea here. And RNG worked against me on the good biomes, in any case. But on the water, it appears with biome merging that can have an impact on elevations of land nearby perhaps. To give the opposite example, Hyrule, my Blast, has diamonds under some spots you’d normally never see them like Island Trees, because there is so much high elevation terrain that other biomes get raised too.

Next one I’ll try a blend of Emerald and hunting ground. If it winds up on Alcyon and decent on emerald, would let my current ones with emerald mines, Stellamaris III or IV, both go then have this as V.

Experiment is Beep Beep, off Norkyna. I don’t think it is worth opening a portal to. There is one Gleam Spiral area that is decent - for Roadrunner hunting, Gleam Spiral might be the best purely for that, as it is flat, no holes or visual obstructions. Oh, and it did spawn this (Dark Violet) - I wasn’t even trying for gleam, but took Gleam Rain as a safe pick at lv. 8 and it merged with trees here. :open_mouth: Anyways, if the next one is any good, I’ll post again with details, as there seems to be some interest in these spots! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

… Ok, hopefully within 24 hours should have the Paka’s Amethyst Mine at TNT directing to a new Roadrunner spot. :slight_smile: Edit: Actually, a lot of free portals there so taking a token for one right across from it - the Corruption farm (where the mine portal leads now) still has three weeks and is pretty useful too, atlases sold out so people are using it, so will just add another.

New experiment went really well, shame it is on Norkyna; so won’t renew, but any who want it, permission here to ask the devs to transfer it to you. Good hunting spots and surprisingly, though emerald count is lower being more land than my other toxic, some of the spots are brighter and less broken up than on my others. I think what I’ll do is, when I get some more fuels for my gem worlds here soon, I won’t fill the two with emerald mines. I’ll wait until they get down a bit more then make an attempt to repeat this roll and get it on Alcyon (and hope RNG good on the biomes too).

Anyways, I’ll open the portal to a Gleam Spiral area, which has an advantage I didn’t consider til I used it in action - it is lit up at night basically. That is huge for me, especially on PS4 on my TV, have trouble seeing at night even with the light epic or glow stick. This is far better. Planet is Hunt, Mine, and Gather - just a functional name for any who see it in the sky. This spot is also near to some other good resources, some great island tree area can be seen from it.

4 Likes

Gleam spiral is one of my favorite biomes

https://puu.sh/GZIZU/371a8765f2.mp4

1 Like

Yep, I’m liking it more and more, playing with it. :smiley: The hunting is going faster, and so much easier to see! Later on PS4 I’ll try to record a clip, share it to Twitter.

I’ve got the portal open now. :slight_smile: Some dormant meteorites in the area right now, when they land I’m just activating then abandoning them.

Fueled some of my other worlds, thinking I might go ahead and attempt the roll of this build again sooner rather than later, try to get it on Alcyon so I can get it set up and going with mines and all. I might take out Snowy Redwoods and sub in Beaches… Snowy Redwoods is great for Stardrops and Weeping Waxcaps, but noticing the RNG is rolling me huge areas of it, maybe I’ll get more of Spiral if I let it go, and some extra hunting ground if beaches merge into it. Lantern and Cube fields are also good on the merge.

If/when I get the permanent one will post here again with details!

1 Like

Error.

Regards,

1 Like

Thats not always an error, if you dont finalize the colors you dont have to deal with trash

1 Like

Whoops!! :flushed: I’ll go fix that now, thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

… Fixed, and that worked out well! :slight_smile: Someone on the Discord wanted Rust Violet lustrous, so added that, goes pretty well with the planet really.

But yep, there is that advantage to not finalizing, I’ve done that on a rental that didn’t have anything special on it, for mining.

1 Like

Follow-up: Rather than throwing money at trying to get the build around Alcyon for now, tried something different. Set up a T5 Roadrunner Hunting Grounds.

Haven’t done much with T5s because of my hub and also that the gem counts aren’t nearly so good, but this one came out pretty decent - Corrosive, 137k amethyst 103k emerald. Mining still quite profitable even with fewer seams - perhaps another T5 mine will prove useful as a leveling spot? That is why I kept my Serp diamond mine. I might add a dedicated mine here if I see interest.

Anyways, I was almost tempted to reroll as the RNG was a little stingy with Gleam Spiral, but the spot does the trick - I put the portal in on a narrow land bridge where Gleam Spiral meets a flat desert. Go a bit east on the bridge and it opens up into a pretty large desert. The Gleam Spiral area is somewhat narrow but long enough to do the trick with running back and forth hunting. Good Island Tree area close by, too.

You still get plenty of the Stout Roadrunners, but overall it is a lot more survivable than the T6 is my feeling. Easier if you want to farm other mobs. So though I said I’d put more time on the planet at the start of this thread, leaning towards putting it on this one… any thoughts, let me know!

Portal is fairly convenient - from TNT Serp go into Paka’s Diamond Mine, portal right there through the North exit. I set up a few there in case I add some other spots, like a mine.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to check this out!

1 Like

Ok, said I’d wait but… got compulsive, good thing I did. :grin: This really will be the last for me for now (yeah, I know I keep saying that, but really will hold off til Gleambow now that I have what I want). Got the build I wanted, it will be Stellamaris V, off Alcyon.

As a heads up for any using Stellamaris III or IV, going to be using their portals for this new one. I won’t ask for them to be taken down but may want to save the locations if using them.

Anyways, this one has a few nice Gleam Spiral areas, probably put up two hunt portals. :slight_smile: Also has great island trees and nice bright emerald spots, will get one each up for those.

I THINK I’m the one who just unlocked the bright green gleam - but I took it off quick as I wanted to do the pink shade I had on the other emerald world. But now that I know it is new, I’ll add the bright green to my T3, Leprechaun, sometime soon.

I’ll post again when I get the portals up. I did put an extra month on Tir na nOg, but that will be it. I may also put another month on the new T5 as well, since I’m liking it and may use it for my alts to level some more.

2 Likes

Woot! Roadrunners and a kick butt mining network too! Got all my favorite things in one spot!

1 Like

Got portals open now! :smiley: Thought of starting a thread for the planet but I’ll just add the important info here rather than cluttering up the board with another Paka thread, haha.

Might add another emerald mine later. Two Gleam Spiral hunt spots, put both portals at an edge rather than the middle though. On one, as it is closer to some emerald spots and another patch of Spiral that way, and on the other, close to some Cube Field and Island Trees. Used a Gleam area that is in a big clump of Island trees to have a portal to a few useful things… with the Gleam would be best if you go to the top area to work it, thicker up there, lower is a thinner layer over foliage.

Also, along with some world pics, first pic here is showing where I’m going to stock atlases from now on. With all the mines, easier to keep track of inventory that way, rather than running in and out of each to see if stocking needed (I always scroll through my notifications quick and generally forget even if I do see a notification about it :flushed:). Also, though I liked that this was the case, I think I was having issues at times because Miners Guild members could take the atlases off the shop stands in the mines (that I remembered to align it to) since everyone gets worker permissions to use the equipment, that sometimes a stock seemed to go right away. I really don’t care about the atlases or even the gems I put in them, but stocking those atlases is hard to keep up with. So hopefully this will help me keep up with it better.

2 Likes

Very nice! Do you have a lot of the canopy tree biomes? If you’re interested it might not be a bad idea to set up portals to the tops of those canopy trees. They’re one of my favorite locations to farm trumpet root and mushrooms.

1 Like