Roadrunner Hunt/Sweet Bean collecting area portal open

Yep! :smiley: So far have two portals set up to the tops of them, I’ll switch out that one experiment portal to another soon. :slight_smile: Yeah, that is probably my favorite biome - the tops of the canopies are a great place to farm beans and shimmering orbs and glowing lamella. Safe too, so long as the canopies don’t connect to gleam (like on this one) or rock or another surface, the mobs don’t seem like they spawn up there. I’ve added them to pretty much all of my T6s there. RNG does better on some that others, I got a decent amount with this one, part of why I like the planet so much!

I probably have at least a dozen of these locations saved between my characters, I’ll also add some tokens to the Free Tokens stands sometime here for any who want those. :slight_smile: They are all labeled “Bean Farm” of some sort.

1 Like

Stellamaris V is insane!

484 Emeralds in only 15 minutes!
Way less fossil though!

Regards,

1 Like

Ok, got another Island Tree portal up! :slight_smile: It is up on the top tier, had a free one there. This spot is good as there is a pretty good ice area (Snowy Redwoods then Ice Levels beyond it) off to the west, can farm bitter beans and shadow orbs there.

I’m thinking I may use that experiment planet portal on the bottom for another emerald mine here, it would help take the pressure off the other, and I think there might be a better spot for one than the one I put up. :thinking: Thanks @ciprianb!! :smiley: This does seem to maybe have the most concentrated emerald of any of my rolls from some areas I’ve seen. Personally I use my Corrosives for emerald as the overall profit is far higher mining along an amethyst/emerald border, but if needing emerald fast, this one is the way to go, and having an Toxic that doubles as a Roadrunner hunt world makes it worth keeping to me. :slight_smile:

Both the Roadrunner hunting on the flat areas and farming the tops of Island Trees will get GREAT profit per tool. I was doing a lot of the farming before, but now finding the hunting more fun, and also, seems the profit comes faster from it. But good to have ways to mix it up! Also, I’m starting to craft more as a self-challenge, so having a variety of resources accessible easily from one spot helps me out a lot too. :wink:

3 Likes

That is awesome! I still need to check out your road runner area. I love hunting those things lol. The canopy biomes are amazing I love farming them for shimmering/pulsating orbs and I love how there is hardly any mobs up there, if like you said, you’re lucky enough to have them gen away from spawnable surfaces.

1 Like

I compared hunting the roadrunners on your desert area and the ice portal and I like the ice better.
You have far more chance to kill extra wildstock and hoppers. Especially the wildstock bonus on ice because they can’t reach you as fast :smiley: Same for the roadrunners really. They go slow!

2 Likes

An advantage if you hunt on the ice too: getting Stardrops while you’re at it. :slight_smile: Very profitable per tool to chop those up! Ice Crack is another favorite biome of mine for that reason, it does have the cracks but sometimes you’ll get a huge flat area of it, good hunting and collecting biome.

1 Like

Got some more Roadrunner hunt area portals open in that Serp diamond mine. Ran a T5 experiment on rubies, those came out pretty good for a T5 (118k), but it also spawned some good spiral regions with other flat areas nearby, some big desert and brushland regions and such. Worth putting the portals to I thought. :slight_smile:

I think we need a separate topic called “Pakaverse”, which should contain information on all your planets, where can they be found, which ones you plan to maintain - and what they’re best for :slight_smile:
Not trying to give you headaches but I think your planets are very (extremely) popular now and an overview would make it even easier and would get even more people onto your Universe. :slight_smile:

Regards,

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea! :smiley: I could do a summation list and just update the original post as needed, and help keep it all in one place - I really don’t want to start threads for all the experiments and clutter up the board, but some like this last one really are worth visiting in the time they are up. But someone looking for a ruby planet might not think to look here given the thread title.

Could also add some notes on biomes and all too. :thinking: I’ll get working on this today!

The popularity of the planets makes me happy. :grin: When I was running around in the game the other morning, was neat to see a few people at the Alcyon hub, then see that there were others on some of the planets as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it would be really nice to capture the settings you have used to generate those magnificent planets :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like

New one open for those who use these. :slight_smile: Got a nice roll off Alcyon, good for a lot of stuff really. This hunting ground borders a big flat desert which is good for hunting too, as well as beans. Some Cube Field areas around too.

1 Like

Bump for a couple portals open to a temp world.

Chill off Alcyon, if the glacier areas weren’t so bad I’d keep it since it has a few nice features, best being a HUGE gleam spiral area to hunt on. Opened a portal to that. For some reason, seem to be getting more roadrunners there, but might just be so big so easier to run around and see them. Also took nests here, and opened a portal to a rose tangle farm. :slight_smile:

1 Like