Rubberbanding

Today around 1:45 pm EST I started getting severe rubberbanding issues on Biitula. I checked my connection, it was a fairly stable 30-100 ms ping the entire time but I would randomly start teleporting around and having other lag issues. I wasn’t near any portals, I was staying in mostly the same area, and the issue persisted even after turning down the chunk download rate. Any idea what’s going on, is this on my end or a server issue?

most likely server side,us west has been playing up all day,they are aware of the issue and are investigating it.

Known issue by now. It’s server lag/latency, almost everyone has issues with it. Let me find the other thread…

2 Likes

Been noticing this too - Biitula seems to be struggling

Every portal hub I have been to tonight has been nothing but lag, rubber-banding all over the place and connection drops. The only times it settles down is when I am finally able to get away from built up areas. I haven’t seen it this bad for months and not had repeated dropped connections like this either, hopefully this is not going to be the norm as more people join.

Hi @GreyArt247. I’ve not experienced this. Which would suggest there is an issue with your local environment.

I know in the past you’ve reported that you can’t be involved in the hunts because your performance bombs when they start. I also know that you updated your connection relatively recently. Which might suggest your PC spec is the main issue.

We need some details of your connection and PC spec to try and work out what the main bottleneck is.

Thanks!

When i go on bitula, i rubberband too. really unplayable and i have no issue with other planets

Hi @james thank you for trying to help.
This is what my connection is like, and my laptop is:
Intel i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
16 Gig DDR4 Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M GDDR5 3GB
Windows 10

Have a look at your taskmanager while playing and open the tab where you see all apps/services curently running, sorted by cpu usage. I also had big problems while my stats were great, but I fould out that a windows service was going nuts sometimes and that caused the problem. In my case it was the DNS-Client which lead to that I flush my dns cache sometimes (which reduced the problem to nearly zero in my case).

The DNS cache saves the ip of links and servers (with names) and I think that some servers between the client and final game server change their ip sometimes which lead to my lags. flushing the cache let them be saved with the new IP again ^^

2 Likes

Thanks @TheBrine, I’m going to have to check that out tomorrow as unfortunately I have to be up in the morning at 4.30am so way past my bed time now. Thanks for the advice and I’ll let you know if I find anything.

1 Like

Just realized a more simple approach would be to flush it and then have a look ^^ …

use the command prompt (as admin) and use the command: ipconfig /flushdns

:wink:

1 Like

I’ll give that a try too :slightly_smiling_face:

This is NOT a local issue. Everyone I talk to has the same problems on worlds with large populations. Actually we stopped playing for the day because it got so bad on Kada I that we couldn’t even run from base to base without getting rubberbanded/warped into holes.

This happens to both people I play with. One’s from US-West, one from Texas, and I’m from Europe. We all have exactly the same rubberbanding issues.

2 Likes

To add to this something that’s really really funny.

If you have Steam friends, you can try it :slight_smile: If you’re in the same room in game, open a ‘view session’ with your friend so you can see them playing the game. While you’re watching them through Steam, you’ll see them being warped all over the place, while on your client they’re just standing there :slight_smile:

@HarryHotpants has this issue too, but my Game works fine… It allways Complains about unplayable Connection and then he gets ported arround like that little Girl from “Wreck-It Ralph”.

Is his Computer now too bad for this Game all of a sudden? xD

His Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
6GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti
Windows 10

My Specs:
AMD FX-8350
12GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 960
Windows 10

We did the DNS Flush, but that made it worse xD

@james We could Record it for you if that helps

It has nothing to do with your computer or your internet connection. It’s all server side, whether it’s in their network or on their nodes, I have no idea. But it’s not a local issue.

I have the exact same issues of being some sort of super speedy rogue flicking around.

(For reference: I’m running Boundless off a 4GHz/64GB/SSD, and speedtest statistics are 7ms/400Mb/40Mb)

Edit: I’m gonna sing the doom song now!

Its just weird, were sitting next to each other and i can play just fine, while he gets warped arround the whole time xD

“Doom Doom Dooom Do do Doom Doom”

Are you on the same planet/in the same area? Because that makes a huge difference for me. If I’m hunting on a level 5 world, I don’t have problems. If I’m on a populated Level 2 world however…

Most of the Time we’re chilling on Sochaltin 1, for me its fine… he got flicked from Mountains all the Time xD

But the Worst is Murricka for him, thats literally unplayable… but for meh its fine xD

I had not suffered from rubber-banding on the planets located within my own time zone until tonight. Any planet with a near full player count capacity is causing the problem for me, regardless of server location. During off peak ours I can go to any world without a trace of lag. So this problem is definitely server side.

Edit: The rubber-banding has now stopped for me at Merika.

2 Likes