Saltpetre drop rate?

Anyone know what the drop rate on gravel/saltpetre should be?

I just got roughly 450 from 30k gravel, giving about a 1.5% drop rate, that’s on a T6 with max luck.

I guess that’s probably about right, just couldn’t track down any numbers anywhere!

Looks about right

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/drops/#saltpetre

1 Like

I find it easier to gather from the boulders on Galan. The things are literally everywhere around those pancake stack rock formations. You can get hundreds in an hour and you’ll use far less titanium hammers than you do your shovels when harvesting from gravel.

If you’re in need of the gravel anyway, then that’s a different story. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks so classy filling up all my storage blocks.

The gather above was with a persisting pie and 3 mega speed brews (45 minutes with buff), and a tricked out diamond shovel, which I used up about half of.

I’ll need to try out your method sometime, see if I prefer it (though with he upcoming coin machine there is some value in that gravel now, no more dumping stacks to make inventory space!)

1 Like

Cool, didn’t know there was that option on piffle.com.

Got the damage calculator bookmarked but could not find any menu options for Boundless, just other games, so didn’t know there was more info there!

Interesting that site seems to indicate the drop rate on shims is the same on all level planets, I always assumed the higher level planets had a better drop rate.

Most did, me included until that proved the reality. :sweat_smile:

I was pretty surprised as well, I expected a lot of the drop rates to lineally increase with planet tier, but it appears it’s not be the case at all for most block drops.

Yeah, my bad. I’ve been somewhat lazy when it comes to updating the navigation on the site and a few other things, but have been working on some more Boundless tools alongside which I want to clean it up a bit.

1 Like

What is this you speak of?

Have a look here:

There was another post confirming it is coming after exoworlds, but can’t track that one down!

1 Like

Heh, well, I look at it as a bonus of what you have already done!

Appreciate the effort already put in :+1:

I farm for saltwater fragments on sochaltin 1.

Not saltwater saltpetre. Lol