Sandbox Creature Ideas

The 2nd one looks so great man :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Zouls. I enjoy drawing these a lot. It is almost too easy for me. Though I have been thinking about how to give these creatures more personality. And that’s where it becomes difficult for me. One could link it to creature-lore or a story.
Or give each creature type a unique and typical/or not so typical behavior. I don’t know what the developers are planning in regards of creature AI.
After all - the expression of this animal is rather frozen. The stance however could indicate an allerted, ready to defend its hatchlings, behaviour.
I also have been thinking - those creatures could sleep at night. And there might be others which sleep at daytime. Like the Fennec fox creature in one of the drawings above.

You should check out and see if you can make a more “neutral/evil” style creature, after all they have been looking into dark and ghastly creatures.most of the things you draw are very cutesy xD

1 Like

The first one reminds me of Dialga^^

1 Like

:] hahah…alright. its the button eyes. I thought it was pretty cool on the original oort main artwork. : )

@Bokke they are adorable!

1 Like

Might be worth considering to put @Bokke s and @Lightninglegend s (awesome) artworks into a separate creations thread since this thread was originally about ideas for “sandboxy” creature behavior and not designs, @Havok40k ?

I’ll get to this on my lunch break.

sure we wont bother

I’m curious, does ben or any of the devs still give out Penmaster badges? I think @Lightninglegend deserves one :smiley:

6 Likes

Agreed! He’s great at it :smiley:!

Don’t know if anybody else suggested this for a creature or not, but how about having jellyfish or manta-ray-like animals that float across the skies, and just like jellyfish and manta rays can sting you or something to that affect if you get too close…

2 Likes

You could have a look to subnautica creatures

2 Likes

Yeah subnautica is such a great game!

1 Like

I’m on it. I made a shaman avatar with shaman mask. I can show you the sketch if you want, but it’s no clean drawing yet.

remember what we said if you do it i’ve never made a mask before xD. would like to do one

Yep. I’ll sit down now and try arranging it. I’ll send you the concepts via dm, so you know what’s coming at you : )

1 Like

Oh god xD i will have to find some time to do it. but i will just do it without complaining in my free-time these days I’m with some homework, yeah I keep studying, why? because I like it and wanna improve more. And @Bokke just take your time no need to go fast ok?

1 Like

So you guys have strayed quite a lot from the Sandbox creatures, maybe we should make a new thread for these? These are awesome and all but it has been 8 days and 100 posts since the last sandbox creature was mentioned.

2 Likes

Sorry I did not get to it sooner, but I moved all of the creaturea without behavior ideas into their own thread. I tried to keep all relevant posts together, though there may be some fracturing. Basically if it’s a creature designed to do something remotely sandboxy- it belongs here. If it’s just creature art for the sake of art, it has its own special thread now! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

3 Likes