Scary part of the Boundless EULA

Has anyone actually read the EULA? I was bored and scanning it and found this bit.

Now I’m no legal expert but this sounds like the exact opposite of what most game companies do where it’s normally in game chat that is given away (usually if you say something that needs to include the cops) at which point they would file warrant for your account info.

That’s essentially what they are saying here;
“Including without limitation to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.”
Where necessary, they will comply with international laws like anti-terrorism laws that require reporting of dangerous content, chat logs, etc. In layman’s terms, this specifies their right to determine what to do with all content in the game, and outlines some examples where they intend to freely comply with regulations. Your content in game is not protected from scrutiny.

yea i guess just the way it was phrased to me it also sounded like it gives WS the ability to hand our info to 3ed party’s for marketing or to sell whenever they feel like it.

Dips pen in blood, happily signs away life to play more Boundless

Would sign over my firstborn too, but… I don’t have any kids. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And they can’t have my cats… I mean, I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE. :wink: And I can’t imagine them wanting them running around the studio.They’re rather picky about getting the fancy cat food too…

2 Likes

Oh yes, they have that right as well. But they aren’t exactly collecting personal data from you either, that is unless you are putting personal information into the game your self… wait, why is your house built to look like a credit card number? And is that your social…?

1 Like

Yea they are not actively collecting but to the right marketing company account data can easily be data mined for more info IE first and last name plus a IP address can easily convert to a home address and maybe a phone number. At the very last you know the country/city of the account owner.

To be honest I kind of wish I did not actually read the eula cuz at this point I don’t think I can ever return to the game now cuz I just can’t agree to that aggressive of a EULA.

Aggressive? Dont read any of your Apple or Google Eulas then…

1 Like

I don’t know about google but apples last I checked did not have The same kind of wording and has even told the US government no when they have been served with warrants apple at lest till recently was super pro data protection. Not saying That is any better or worse just that I attest feel like my data is safer with them then WS.

To be fair and honest i 100% admit I could be crazy/overreacting on this there is no solid logic behind it side form the fact that I just really don’t like the blank check nature of that part. Will also admit I shod have known that before hand and could have saved my self the trouble of all this but then who really reads the eula of every site/service they join.

That EULA was from the original release of Boundless in the browser.

The EULA was updated for launch to respect more recent rules (for example GDPR in the EU) is available here:

https://store.steampowered.com//eula/324510_eula_1

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for the update and clarification