Selling new titanium AOE axes and shovels

Dude the guy told me to go and play another game, my response was if veterans players do not need the basic goods to craft gear for players at a decent price so that everyone is having a good time, but are covering their own rear ends treating a game as a job and telling me to go play another game, why? I’m not hurt but I have no respect for that response it was purely an economical conversation, the man decided to tell me what to do instead.

It’s a game, I will never EVER sell shadow orbs for 1k each, it’s a GAME, I want people to shave a good time not make a decision that should only be made when purchasing a real house.

But I will also not sell any of my goods to have someone buy it and send it for a higher price essentialy jacking up the process of everything else, so backwards.

I will sell a shadow orb for 45 each max, i will not though knowing and seeing the community do what it does when it comes to players that have been in the game before launch on ps4. Take my goods and re sell them at a value that disteupts the flow of the game for all new players, no thank you is all I have to say.

So please go and play this game instead of bashing another player for prices he think are fair. Actually a lot of people think are fair. And let him have his good time too… Imho this is best approach, don’t you agree? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excuse me? It’s a community based economy, why am I not allowed to press my concerns in the prices? Are you okay?

I didn’t bash the person, just trying to figure out a good price for everything. Not like we have a station to repair our gear, it gets destroyed.

And it’s a community, I have every damn right to tell someone their axe and shovel prices are crack price that’s not bashinbits haggling for crying out loud.

No I don’t, I dont agree with being forced to play the game as a single player experience because people want to increase their prices beyond reasonable ranges for the mechanics in the game, it makes no sense.

People that agree probably are the ones that are doing exactly the same thing, messing with the economy.

People are leaving the game, 80 percent of players are struggling to make ends In a game out of things, you guys are horrible at welcoming new players, horrible.

Now you’re just being unreasonable and childish.

No, you know what I found out the community withing the game is unreasonable and childish, steeling, fighting over plots, selling goods at rpices only Oprah Winfrey can afford, stuff breaks, people die from lag issues. The prices make no sense, childish? How much do you buy copper ore for example? And how much do you sell it for?

You know prices won’t go down, just because you are saying so, or wanting them to go down, because you think they are too high. Prices are high, because people are willing to pay them. There are no in-game necessity items (the one you can’t live without). If you don’t want to pay go gather yourself. I do. If you don’t want a single player experience, go gather with other people :wink:

I dont buy it, i farm it like a most of the other people cause copper is the most common and basic resource after wood and stone.
And i dont sell stuff cause im a hoarder. and there has been no stealing of your resources unless you made a fancy storage block or anthing with an inventory in a Non plotted area.

If you’re reffering to a player “stealing” the stuff you SOLD for a price YOU saw fit. then selling it further for an increased price. then hey, welcome to Every other MMO ever with some sort of Auction house system, its called auction house swapping and people do actually “live” off of doing stuff like that. So dont be mad cause you actually SOLD your items.

The fighting over plots was bound to happen as every player wants a spot thats the perfect place for their builds. but then again nothing that can’t be discussed over as civilised people.

Most of the people around here are friendly and welcoming if you just take the step to try and talk to most of them, you could even easly find a friend to build, gather, hunt with no problems at all, and in the discord heck even here on the discord you can search for groups that wanna go and plan times for easier resource distrubution when out gathering.

No I mean people are stealing each other’s stuff not mine, yo know they give someone permission and come backs nd everything is gone, that type of stealing.

But that’s what I mean though, I also now horde and don’t sell, but it is a mechanic of the game which has depth, just feels way off with the prices.

My neighbor is selling orbs for 1k each, I want to sell mine but I also don’t want the buyer to be struggling, in turn crafting becomes cheaper for the buyer and their goods become more readily available, so on and so forth.

But the idea of my neighbour going and buying my stuff for cheap just to fill his own shops and increase the prices of everytime else is a cheasy and heap move.

That’s how economies are destroyed, that’s what haooened to the housing market, people just don’t learn.

i can agree on alot of what you say, but i personally cannot agree on the housing market comment considering its alright where i live.

But then again, thats just how MMO’s work, you will always have the 10% percenter of people who are willing to be the bad person.

It’s honestly just this simple…items, crafted or not, and only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. If people keep buying them at 1k each, why would anyone drop the price? If it wasnt worth that much, people wouldn’t buy it, and that would result in prices dropping. But even if I sell something at a ridiculously high price, and I keep selling out of stock, I’m 100% going to keep selling at that price. Why wouldn’t I? That’s what its worth.

2 Likes

It’s not bad just it’s functioning without foresight, new players have entered the game, a bunch of them and anyone with more experience in the game from before release is milking the new crowd, won’t last long either and neither will the population, it’s designed by players in a tidious way.

But it’s not your just not giving people many options lol, and the ones that do get side rolled by folks like you buying out cheap not in order to craft goods and sell them for cheap but to resell the purchased goods beyond reasonable prices,so people jack them up in order to level out to a point where things are worth beyond their actual value and everyone is jacking everything just to catch up to all the spikes.

Just because is a poor excuse for doing something, horrible. Especially in a community.

Copper ore for 125 lmao yet they buy it at 2, iron ore is purchased at 5 each and is sold for 150, NO! That’s not really right.

Silver 225 each asking price 50 lol that’s ridiculous!

Well I dont do it. As a solo player I dont purchase anything I have not crafted myself.
And its perfectly reasonable. If people are willing to sell iron for 2 and others with buy it for 100 than stop selling iron for 2 or dont buy It for 100. It’s perfectly reasonable for anyone to put a request basket up at stupid low prices. You dont have to sell to them. It’s perfectly reasonable for people to sell items at stupid high prices. You dont have to buy it. In this scenario, where you’re buying for 100 and selling for 2, YOU are the chump letting these people make ridiculous margins. Just because they ask for it, doesn’t mean you have to give it to them. They are only able to do this because, quite frankly, people are either 1. stupid and dont understand how to make the most of the markets, or 2. they are in a hurry and would rather pay extra for convienece. There is nothing wrong with what shop keepers are doing.

At this tool tier, it is mostly the fibrous leaf/sackcloth and glue that dictates the price and not the ore itself.

Also, this is how real economy works. Prices are dictated by the raw materials you think is fair plus the demand. In game, you gather and craft what you sell.

You cannot just dictate that they are selling ridiculously high price when that is how they value the item based on their investment on the item (time allotted). Yes, that is how most item are priced, by time allotted in having it AKA as their rarity because we only need time to get things in game not like in real life. Some might think that an hour of time investment should give him 1000 coins, probably for some it should be 5000 coins. At the end of the day, the dude who cannot match the average players’ perception on Investment VS Price expectation would die and we would stabilize on the player’s average price.

You cannot complain that the others bought the item you happily set on a price then they resold on their shop. Your item was sold and you get your coin. Maybe the morality of their action is what gets you but they are just playing by the rules. You, having lower coin expectation per time invested based on your price, should be happy that things are getting sold on your shop constantly.

Ur missing the point, the purchasing baskets are right next to the selling ones.
If I am asking people for ore or leaf and what not and I am paying 5c each for example, why would I out it up for 50? How did the value jump from 5 to 50 the person didn’t craft or gather with it, they literally just resold it, so where does the value 50 come from if they are only buying it for 5.

Again they are not doing anything with the materials, they are purely reselling it and in doing so are dictating prices purely on what effort?

What’s happening and with no proper regulations is not right, the game is literally about gathering you have to do it regardless of what you do, there is no reason to hike up prices like that and ruin the player base because of greed.

If I want to gather and sell stuff as a provider in the game I should at least be making half of what is asked, that way my efforts are paid for, someone wiuld have to waste at least 4 tools who knows how much food, to sell to someone and make next to nothing, while the person purchasing is all they did, put up a basket, it seriously doesn’t make any sense.

I’m sorry man but I have to ask if you’re ok? I mean you seem not to understand that this is a game. You’re talking about greed, regulation and prices like if there was some governing body telling us how we’re allowed to play. This is just an mmo with a completely unregulated free market player run economy. Let people do as they please and let this thread die. If you want to continue you’re grievance fest take it to a different part of the forums this is the trading section.

Got a eta on the next batch of hammers ?

Very good move making these, i’ve wondered for a while why I didn’t see anything other then hammers with AOE. I think it has to do with return on investment though. Maybe you could AOE axe for sap and bark on high tier planets and make it worth it? I dunno the rates of those. I could also see myself use AOE axes for harvesting strawberries and make sugar because especially strawberries take a while to gather in good quantities. But one thing is for sure, it will make gathering painless :stuck_out_tongue:
Shovel is totally worth it if you’re looking to “brick” your new home. Gathered 2000 bricks today for my new place, wish I had one of these lol would have been 9 times faster.

Anyway hope they sell out fast :wink:

Thats really something else, I asked the dude why his axe and shovel are so expensive, that is it, yall started defending him for some reason I’m trying to understand where you get your ridiculous mark ups from, yeah it is a game so why can’t I ask or tell someone their to is over priced? Y’all started ur whole “poor this guy” “bashing this and that” for real?

I still didn’t get my answer why a shovel would be worth 12k the rest of you started going on about bloody hammers, thanks for all the help I guess… And ur asking me if I am okay… Lol