Separation of hardcore and casual servers

I can see in the forum people complaining about the raise in difficulty (more dangerous creatures). But actually I think many of us prefer challenge and even bigger difficulty level.

I think creating 2 different types of servers could solve the issue and satisfy all players:

• Hardcore
    • more survival elements (need to eat, drink)
    • tougher creatures
    • creatures can attack players from lvl 1
    • more dangerous events happening
    • no skill to decrease threat level from animals
  • Casual
    • just like now

I think it should not be hard to prepare some kind of Hardcore Server for testing at least. Mainly it is just tweaking some parameters, and a little bit of coding (e.g. hunger and thirst increasing gradually).

The separation and existence of Hardcore servers might even bring more players into the game who prefer more challenging stuff (e.g. me :smile: ).

4 Likes

Hey @Patronaut that sounds good, I’d love to have a more challenging gameplay, where hunger is a thing for example.

1 Like

Maybe having hardcore and casual planets will do the trick. I like to switch back and forth, depending on my mood and level of wakefulness. :sweat_smile:

Hunger on the other Hand is a personal thing, maybe its possible the opt in or out of a hunger system on a per character basis (i think Starbound works like that).

I would like more reasons to grow food. My favorite activity on that other voxelgame was to farm wheat and bake bread. I fed the whole Server with my farms. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it would be better to have the official boundless servers as ‘casual’ (the current balance, or whatever that becomes) and use the private servers for the hardcore, as private servers will be able to be customised.

2 Likes