Server lag

Finata had far less lag last night than Phemorium, so whichever company owns Finata should just own all the servers.

Sad when a server can’t handle a load of 27 players who are all miles apart.

1 Like

This is what you get when you legislate away net neutrality to the highest bidder. Sleep in the bed you made, folks.

Without knowing how the servers function in relation to the net code, I can only speculate. From an in-game perspective, it feels like every time someone portals from world to world (Server to server) there is a spike in CPU on the server side and it creates a thread and throttles everything back until it’s finished with the high CPU operation. Then once the operation completes, everything else tries to catch up and stabilize giving you a rubberbanding effect. If that’s the case, it’s a fixable thing. We will probably never know, but we definitely have to put it in the hands of the devs and wait until a fix happens. Any issue of this nature takes a while to isolate and fix. It’s part of any freshly launched game experienced. It usually takes a few weeks to start settling down and getting those bugfixes in place. Very few game developers can anticipate the jump between beta and live and fix every single bug. In beta, a limited number of people are looking for bugs. Once that number skyrockets, more people will dredge up yet more bugs. Simple software development cycle.

1 Like

Im on C-Merika and there is a crapton of server connection issues…

I am in WA state and it is 9am (so Noon on the east coast). It usually isnt this bad till 3 or 4pm my time (6-7pm East Coast). Right now it is absolutely horrible rubber-banding.

I can understand over the weekend, but c’mon now, this is Tuesday!

Yes. Same server (Merika), same problems. Manageable until afternoon when more people get on. After that it’s ridiculous.

Also, after patch when I press triangle to open inventory—it opens the inventory then immediately clicks something in the inventory to look at info. Small but extremely annoying.

No problems from Seginiakai and Grovidieas Te

Unplayable lag at 400+ping while mining on Serpensarindi

My friends and I are on the east coast server on Trior. Lag is so bad it’s unplayable. We’ve been trying to play since we purchased the game this past weekend. I know valve has a 2 hour refund limit, but I’ve heard of them waiving that under extenuating circumstances. I’d call not being able to play a game, through no fault of our own, we paid $40 for, extenuating circumstances. We’re all thinking of petitioning Valve to see if they will refund, and maybe check back in the future to see if they were able to fix the lag issues.

1 Like

I restated the game and it started going much smoother. worth a shot at least

i seem to see this every night on kada I when i go start mass gathering for my shop round about 7 est wow is it annoying. At first i thought my keyboard was freaking out XD

1 Like

C-Merika here… right now its mostly unplayable… placed a Spark power node… cept it didnt actually place… was wondering for ages while it was connecting… it was showing as placed my end… till i counted how many and worked out i had placed 11 when i only had 10 :wink:

The rubber banding is Terribad at the moment… and i live over a huge cave… died many times to random things

would be nice if Australia had some more worlds to play on… as far as im aware we only have Lutrion which is a level 2 lush world… some sort of indication of where the planets are hosted would be amazing… ive put alot of work into my C-Merika base but i cant even play on it now…

If support would give me all my blocks n help me move to a more suitable planet i would probably do it…

2 Likes

grrrrrrr :rage::rage::rage::rage:
PLEASE THE DAMN RUBBER BANDING/LAG! Death due to rubber banding/lag is just unacceptable! I can easily kill spitters but when the rubberbanding/lag happens I bounce around and end up dead along with penalty XP. As mentioned in previous post I really want to give Boundless a try. I’ve been a player of many EA games in the past and sadly this by far seems to be one of the worst experiences in regard to rubber banding/lag issues. sigh…

1 Like

I lost 15k coins from port stones I’d sold from a meteor farm run is just done as well as a lot of silver ore and opal that I had farmed afterwards. It’s like there was a 2 hour rollback or a corrupted save on the server.

1 Like

it no longer matters what planet you’re on. It’s on all of them now.

1 Like

I would send a message directly to the devs about that. That’s a major issue when you are losing stuff due to the lag. If they don’t fix these issues soon people are going to leave and not come back.

I wonder how bad the lag was previous to this big steam launch? They need to make a thread and keep us informed as to what they are doing about the issue. Yesterday I found a post from a dev in the steams forums trying to claim the issues were fixed, maybe for a short time. I started playing on Friday, Sept 14 (US-East server Kada) the rubber banding/lag varies at times, but definitely more so in the evening hours. I’m not really certain how accurate this server status page is or if it is run by Boundless but it’s really disappointing to say the least seeing the all the issues. http://status.playboundless.info/

All through early access and even after the launch server went up (but before PS4 launched) there wasn’t a lick of lag. In fact, I’d never seen noticeable lag in the game until the last update.

all worlds have same problem and best is when mined at lava and fight wth monsters and buuuuum DIE in terrible lags. my last is when i have last monster at t4 meteor adn lags kill me all lost:(

1 Like

That site hasn’t been updated. It’s still pointing to the old pre-wipe worlds

1 Like

I this track on every time the issue occurs.

3 Likes

Is it just me or was the lag signifigantly less today?

2 Likes