Servers Are Back Online

However, we have always experienced quality gameplay.

Yeah, i took that for granted aswell :joy: , no need to break stuff in the process we all can wait

Even though we know some members of the community gets oorstinence and can’t stand an hour without playing :thinking::thinking:

Thanks for the update Steggs! Can we expect it to be up sometime today at least or are we looking at a day’s downtime?

1 Like

From what I understood of the issue, it was more like ‘the extra xp we wanted to give players for exploring turned out to have a smallish bug that turned it into an instantaneous infinite xp cycle, oops’.

I just bought this game. Is it often like that? And if so, can I return it?

its the first time such thing happend, if you bought on steam you can return if you are under 2 hours of playtime.

1 Like

you are correct, I logged in and ported back to my old home to continue demolishing, when i arrived my energy bar started cycling 100 xp a second past the full marker . logged out straight away, and am paitently waiting.
this is the problem faced by developers when using an online only system.

Servers are back up, updated OP

6 Likes

You guys rock! Most games are down for 8+ hours when something happens.

flails arms in the air Yay!

Am I right that once the exploit is fixed, we should retroactively gain ~60k xp per fully explored world? This change makes me uncomfortably happy & no longer stunted from exploration

2 Likes

wow 60k xp for exploring a world?
:open_mouth:
time to put skill points into move speed =)

Heh, it’s still not even remotely the best xp gain method, if you’re trying to optimize.

With max run speed, jump height, and a grapple: worlds still take ~2 hours to explore. And if they’ve got challenging terrain, you’re talking upwards of 6 hours (esp lava worlds)

ye but i dont know how i could make more than 30k exp in 1 hour :>

2 Likes

XP gained from the bug will be removed and corrected. The integrity of the game is important.

1 Like

We have a list of the 178 characters who gained XP during the brief period the issue was live. We will analyse how they generated this XP via the server analytics. Any significant advantage gained will be corrected.

How long do you expect this to take? My explorer character gained significant xp when I went to buy atlases after the patch but it hasn’t been reset. Is any progress made at all until the correction going to be rolled back?

Any correction will likely happen next week. We need be extremely careful with this sort of thing.