Settlement/guild problems for me

dear community,

so before the tiny update a few hours back I had more issues than I have now so that’s a positive thing.
I created a guild and those that were in the settlement before joined the guild and they also aligned their beacon to the guild
now when I align my settlement with the guild (that I created) my settlement the future gets turned into an unnamed settlement but when I remove my settlement the whole settlement gets back to original how it was before, maybe an expert can come and see what I mean and hopefully solve the problem I’m having to get my build into the guild because that’s the issue

any help much appreciated

When you align your beacons to a guild, you usually have to rename everything and add perms to the beacon again.

2 Likes

I think right now if the beacon owner is not an executive in the aligned guild, nobody can change the settlement name. The beacon owner has to be an executive in the guild it seems.

I assume this is a bug. A few PS members experienced this too.

1 Like

renaming is not possible :frowning:

I haven’t tried with my main base in our capital, but when I had aligned my shops to the guild they turned into Unnamed Settlements too, that I could not rename. :neutral_face:

1 Like

i thik this is the case and problem im having , its just my build that does not get added

same issue here

before the tiny update a couple of hours ago it was a real mess, even the roads 3 plot wide showed 3 different settlements on each plot -.- i tried adding more ,removing some but nothing worked, then after it got updated that time the roads got fixed

i cannot even enjoy the game anymore because all day im busy trying to solve the issue

I had the same issue, somehow you can’t name the ‘guild settlement’ the same as the original settlement. When it’s not aligned, rename the whole settlement temporarily to something else. Then align the beacon to the guild. Rename the guild settlement to the correct name.
After that you can rename the overarching settlement again to it’s original name.

irritating, yes, but solvable

FYI, I just renamed it to Greater New Leyden, then aligned again, finally after that I could rename the guild settlement to New Leyden…
and of course changed the normal settlement name New Leyden as well…
So now I have a New Leyden located in New Leyden and appear twice in the world top 5, silly, but ok…

i dont get that one…

i can only rename the settlement once i removed it from the guild
the guild name is different from the settlement

so what i can do is remove the settlement from the guild and temp rename it

and then what rename the guild as wel?

the warden is my guild name? wtf is going on here

Not rename the guild, rename the guild settlement!

And yes, aligned beacons don’t have a person as their owner but the guild, so the warden is the guild

i have tried everything im stil unnamed settlement

I’ve posted some details of where the renaming actions are here:

hello james thanks for the reply, i do find where i’m able to rename, but my build is not being accepted by the guild settlement thats the issue.

Unalign the beacon that before was the beacon where you named the settlement.

Rename settlement to another name entirely.

Align beacon to guild

Now rename the settlement of the guild to the name you want. Should now accept the name.

Then change the temporary name also back to the name it was, should accept it.

Somehow you can’t name the guild settlement the same as the settlement it’s located in.

Other way around does work…

Unalign the beacon that before was the beacon where you named the settlement. Done

Rename settlement to another name entirely. done changed THE FUTURE to THE FUTUREOLD

Align beacon to guild Done

Now rename the settlement of the guild to the name you want. Should now accept the name.(nope cannot rename the unnamed settlement it still won’t let me)

Then change the temporary name also back to the name it was, should accept it. Done

Somehow you can’t name the guild settlement the same as the settlement it’s located in.

Other way around does work…