Settlement Nesting Dolls ;)

I appologize for questions i know have been asked before. I read through some but I wasn’t able to narrow down what I’m donig wrong. I can provide screenshots of anything you’d need to assist :slight_smile:
I have a ‘settlement’. For awhile it seemed like everything was ok, I was listed as warden, settlement had a name…boom :slight_smile:
Then, after something I did wrong, the guild I created is now the Warden of the Settlement AND there appear to be two settlements layered over each other. The statistics are all the same…prestige…members…beacons, etc, except one is ranked 1 tier higher than the other. I control both and can rename both and renamed one slightly different to see if I could track how the ‘ghost’ settlement fits in but can’t seem to be able to.
All the beacons are aligned, except one which is listed as ‘controlled’. Two of the beacons seem to be in the settlement, though they are unable to complete the settlement achievement but that’s a battle for another day :wink:
It’s like the settlement is inside the settlement? What can I offer to the thread to help explain my issue?
BTW, having the guild be the ‘warden’ isn’t reallly a bad thing except if it interferes with any achievements.

The second settlement has been created because you aligned the beacons with your guild, this is usually used to allow you to have a separate guild settlement independent of others around you, but it sounds like it is just your beacons in the area so the two settlements are the same. Not sure how it chooses which settlement is ranked higher, but it would have to choose one of the two.

You can un-align the beacons from your guild to have it return to one settlement name, or it can be useful to keep it if you think others are going to move in the area who might have more prestige, so you can keep your settlement.

Does this make sense?

It does and I thank you for taking the time to explain it. Is there a way to make me the warden or since I’ve aligned it, the guild just knocks me over and takes it :wink:
Or perhaps I can remove my own plot from the guild alignment and i’d be a warden of one and it the other? The settlement is just me and my alts (and one husband).

I believe it makes the guild the warden unless you un-align the beacon with more prestige than the others added together.

“Settlement zone name” (always be at least 1 rank higher as the guild) is controlled by the person (guild) with the highest prestige in the settlement. So if i where to build next to you and go over your “total prestige” i will become warden and can change the name.

“Guild zone name” is controlled by the guild (every one that has manager and up status).
So if someone aligns or gives control to guild only managers and up can change the “guild zone name”.

Thus if someone where to build next to you the “settlement zone name” would gain more prestige but not your guild unless aligned.

You can take Terra Nova (TNT Lamblis) as example [others to but this is easier for me]

If you check on Lambis (world tab) you will see in the list that Terra Nova is 3th and 4th place. 4th is the guild and its lower because others have build there. Not aligned so add up towards settlement and not guild.

Your settlement achievement can be 3 things not sure witch you mean.

Settlement prestige

prestige achieved In settlement.

Build in a settlement
(This must be a settlement other than yours)
Plop a plot down build a little till ti pops and reclaim (takes 2 hours un till you can reclaim).

Build up a beacon to one of the settlement statutes. Meaning the beacon has to achieve 6,5mil prestige to gain city status (this has to be on 1 beacon).

Not sure if with some achievements guild control does interferes but it does with “welcome mat” If your beacon is under guild control.

To add if a guild is warden that means every one with managers or higher status is “warden” under the guild tag.

Is there some way other than aligning beacons with a guild to automatically grant permissions to new alts? We’ve got a couple beacons from mostly-inactive players in our settlement too, so I’d have to bug them to log in or have some plots that I just can’t modify.

I really wish those permissions were account-based rather than character-based! Character based makes no sense.

Guild is ur best bet