Sharing Beacons among characters?

So I heard that sharing beacons among your own characters is a very likely thing to be included n the future. However, how long will it likely be until this is implemented? I wanted to bring my other character to the village I am at now and beacon next to my current one in the village. However, if the sharing thing never becomes possible or does not happen for a long time, doing this will be bad.

Like in my area one character would build the shop.
Another would build a house.
Another would build crafting/storage areas.
One character would be all combat, another more gathering, another crafting, etc.

1 Like

Next patch, as I understand it. So, hopefully next week if this test version gets moved to live soon.

1 Like

if this means what I think it does then we should be sharing plots with our alts when this latest test goes live :smile_cat:

1 Like

@Havok40k you always get there 1 minut be for me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah this is currently working great on the test server. I created a new alt on the test server and my new alts name showed up right away on my beacons in the friends tab and I was able to give them rights to my beacons. Only thing it looks like you won’t be able to do is collect footfall with your alts on your main’s beacons as you are basically adding them as a “friend”. I am downloading the test version again and will double check this though.

3 Likes

Do you know about how soon next patch will be?

Ok so I checked on the test world and there are some slight changes to the beacon control UI and the friends tab is gone and your friends and alts are listed under the permissions tab. Only the character that places the beacon and claims the plots can remove the footfall.

There don’t seem to be too many major bugs on the test version so my guess would be sometime next week.

4 Likes

Patches seem to be released about 1 week after the go on the testing environment.

1 Like