Shield

Hi,

I was thinking, it would be neat if we could craft shields of various types for warriors to endure tough meteors, like an ice shield or impulse blocking shield.

Or more interactive tank mechanics to feel awesome. Like mobile shield placements or “stun perimeters”?

Would this be a possibility?

9 Likes

There could also be like heavy impact resistant emplacements that could be put into the ground to resist and stun the heavy wild stock that one shot kills people.

And upside down L shaped shields to protect from falling hoppers

2 Likes

O0o0o maybe shields with a basic kinetic defense stat with an augment slot for on-contact battle effects like Slow, Bleed, etc. Would love to use a shield like this and run around healing. Possible “Equip Shield” skill epic? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that would be neat augmented shields with various effects would be cool too.

1 Like

This would be really cool if it were an actual item, maybe have like a bash move to do low dmg and push creatures back. No no no Mr wildstock get back. Back I tell you!

1 Like

mobile tank beacons
you can deploy them to gain X% resists bonus to elemental dmg
1 charge

Or also a shield that temporarily chains enemies that come near like an energy tether that lasts for like 4 secs then breaks per animal

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify the shield would persist but each chain would tether only for 4 sec per animal that come within proximity. Giving you enough time to make progress without being op.

Sorry for the Necro, but I was about to suggest this myself and found this interesting take on the idea.

I know we have a forge effect that gives us a “shield” but a visual and actual equipped item would be awesome. Being able to physically block hits from hitting your allies would really help a tank feel like they contribute more to the group. Going full defensive you sacrifice a lot of damage output, and nearly all damage output at the high level meteors since the armors are so high that without the dmg epic you can’t damage them very well at all.

I really feel like more weapons becomes our focus so much that we forget that a good item for an off hand is a shield! it is not only practical, but sells the appearance of a warrior/hunter far more.

1 Like

You kinda can at the moment.

I use fists as my loot sticks cos you can forge hard as nails (kinetic armour increase) on to them, giving you a shield of sorts!

I’d still rather have an actual shield and armour, but this works while we wait for something in that area.

@Fiffer13 meant to reply to your post

Yep

I mentioned that. I’m more wanting something a bit more active, not as passive as what we already have. The ability to actively block say a spitter from using his aoe.

For instance when you use it (hold down the button) you move slower, but an area to each of your sides becomes walled off from enemy attacks, but friendly attacks travel through it (Rienheart’s sheild from overwatch), or be able to create a bubble around you and an area around you that works similar to the front cone shield (Winston’s shield also overwatch).

Doesn’t have to work exactly like those, but something more active that allows you to have a larger contribution to the hunting/titan(when we get those) team, besides just being a “meat shield” and standing as close as you can to the enemy to take as many shots as you can (currently only way to give benefit to others of your great survivability you gained by sacrificing your Damage buffs).

I love your idea… but we need a reason to need a sheild. I do have faith that our hunting/combat will get reworked… sonyes. bring it ON!:heartpulse: