Shimmering orb 205

Since the most recent update went live I have found that besevrona has been wiped clean of shimmering orbs on multiple occasions. I don’t remember what the percentage was before, I’ll have to go watch jiivita’s video on how to find shimmering orbs to see exactly, but now it’s showing a .02%
I popped an orb in my Atlas and saw a whopping zero blue spots on it, I even returned to sanctum just to watch my completed Atlas twirl for a minute and still…nada. I ended up heading to shedu tier and found about 15 in about an hour of traversing the planet. :sweat_smile: I guess that’s a “quirk” of the fast updating atlases.

2 Likes

Shimmering orbs dont always show up because they also come from growth. The problem is I dont think you can put growth in the atlas (I could be wrong).

You cannot put growth in an Atlas, and it’s pretty rare on besevrona, although it is more common on shedu tier :thinking:

Delta also has decent growth fields plus just a tier 4 world so easier to survive and harvest it but a bit low % of drop I would have to assume.

Also remember to use regen bombs when you find a good field to keep being able to harvest it in one spot.

You might have better luck on Cardass, too

1 Like

after the update everyone went gathering, all 9 of my saved spots had like 3-4 people in each, chopping those glowcaps :smiley: that might be the reason?

That was my thought process. I hadn’t been on for a few days, and when I went looking for a couple shimmering orbs there literally none except in growth…

Check this thread

The atlas is going blank even if the resource is right in front if your face

Interesting. Is it only orbs on besevrona? Or has it been noticed with other surface materials on other worlds as well?
I switched items in my Atlas and it worked fine for that, reactive lamella.

The picture in the OP is exotic Earthyams, literally standing in front of them and the atlas is empty. Most other reports are shimmering, there’s a video further down where you can see all the dots just vanish

Then, it’s a bug. @Havok40k close this thread please.

After the update I went out to Shedu Tier to find some glow cap fungus in the usual spots I know it to spawn in and I couldn’t find a single one. Tried to farm growth, mined up 70+ and didnt get a single shimmering orb

Here to ruin the orb meta - if you get a heavy gem 3x3 with dmg and goto serenitys haven with regen bombs through aqua embassy, a pie, and a speed brew you can farm upwards of 1000 orbs/hr and barely even dent your shovel. Good luck and dont be lazy and youll make serious profit and if enough people do it can bring shimmering orbs down to 100c if you wanted

2 Likes

The value will skyrocket, once people used all their stack.

Read my post right above yours

Yeah saw that, for end game players that’s probably a good way to make income I’m just starting to create end game stuff so i can’t use all these tools, pie, brew right now and need to buy them.

Now that @pofs has finished getting rich of the “orb meta” it’s okay to share strategies and destroy it for the rest of the farmers :wink:

2 Likes

Closing thread at OP’S request