Shop stand vs Plinth

When should one be using a shop stand vs a plinth?

A plinth is just a stage to crafting stands. You can’t use plinths as stands.
Shop stands used to be called buying plinths and some people still call them plinths in short. That may be confusing for newer players.

1 Like

even more confusing is that the shop stand is a plinth with a blanket on it while the request basket (which also needs a plith for crafting) is just a basket … where the hell do all the request basket plinths go ? ! ? ! ? ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

While this is true, I’m fairly certain (99% sure) that a dev has confirmed that they would like to make plinths act as display stands for items, when they can find the time to do it.

Fingers crossed it’s not too far in the future, I’ve got 50 plinths sitting around now because I ‘expected’ that they they’d work that way and wanted to put atlases on them, and was a little sad when it didn’t work. I wanted to make a Globe room (although with all these new planets, that task has gotten much bigger :stuck_out_tongue:

It was sure suggested by players long time ago. Can’t remember devs confirming it’s a go.

3 Likes

So basically, if i want to sell an item, i should be using a shop stand. Not a plinth?

Exactly.
Blah blah 10 char blah… :wink:

1 Like