CRAZY IDEA : Shop stands / Requests basket FX

I can’t be the only one who, when going out to shopping in a big hub like the Ultima Guild HQ, keeps finding request baskets with 0 budget left in them, or when you’re a seller, you have to get close and look at each shop stand to know if it had sold anything.

The suggestion here would be to add any kind of visual effect in this situations :
• You own the Shop stand and it has sold something, there’s money to collect :
How about we add some particle effects (kinda like when you can loot a boss in World of Warcraft)

• You own the Request basket and someone sold you something, there’s items to collect :

• You’re trying to sell things and a Request basket has budget to buy them:
Why not color the drape in the basket depending on if there’s budget or no budget?
Suggestion_GlowingShop_C

• You’re trying to sell things and a Request basket has no budget to buy them:
Suggestion_GlowingShop_D
This color-change could also allow the owner of the Request basket to know “hey, I forgot to put money in there!”.

16 Likes

this is brilliant idea !! i love it :slight_smile:

Hey you used my green and red color cloth like I mentioned a week or two ago in another post exactly like this

I don’t know how easy it would be to implement something like this tho. Since in my head green would mean there’s money their on a shop stand and green would mean items were sold to the basket but from the other view the person would want to see green in the request basket to know there is money there

Edit: would be nice if shops put a sign up with amount of money in request basket when buying stuff like I do :blush:

Uh. Funny, I actually forgot to check if anyone had already posted that suggestion.
That idea came organically as I was doing the beams effect on Photoshop. I thought “wait no, how do you make the difference for the buyer if the Request basket has both sold things and has budget?”.

As for wanting people to put signs up… I mean, how would that work? You mean, like, putting a sign and in the text, write a code like {requestbasket_budgetamount}? But then there’s no way to link it to the request basket…
I mean, you can’t expect people to write that on signs and keep it updated since most people already forget to refill them with money.

1 Like

There is another thread about this somewhere, but yes, I agree that you need some obvious visual indicators about the status of buying baskets and selling stands, I proposed some money icon over stands with coin in from sales.

Here is the other thread

1 Like

Thanks for the link.
I like mine better, though, with the pretty pictures I made. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Or just remove the item from request basket if there is not enough money to buy it.

Depending on the item, it might not always be the most easy-to-read option, though.

This is exactly what I would want as a super big quality of life thing. I also want the drape color to apply to buyers as well, they’d also see a red flag if the basket has no money.

I would still want to see the item that was asked for and the price, when doing price research.

1 Like

+1k bananas for this

This gets suggested on a very frequent cadence and by different people, so I think it’s something a lot of the player base would really like.

I like the visual effects you chose on the shopkeeper side to have the items glow. Makes me want to harvest them.

On the customer side I don’t think a color change is enough. Putting colorblindness aside, Boundless has too many planets with their own atmospheric tint so these colors would be warped/muted by that process. I think the basket should undergo a physical change. Some have suggested the cloth gets removed completely but any change will do.

I also thought that maybe you could see a small pile of coins below the basket to show that it has budget. Like, a shiny pile between the… feet of the basket? Not sure if that’s how I should call them.