Shopkeeper's Price Calculator / Recipe Browser

A quick release, this is still very much WIP but figured people might find it useful even in this alpha state.

https://boundless.mayumi.fi/recipes/#item=TOOL_HAMMER_TITANIUM

Wanted a fast way to look how many base resources are needed when mass crafting stuff, and to see how much a product is actually worth when I input the prices of the base resources used to make it. Still missing a lot of features!

Todo:

• Intermediate resource pricing, now itā€™s just the base items.
  • Select if youā€™re using something else than mass crafts, currently the calculations use just mass craft amounts.
  • Spark and heat prices, now theyā€™re ignored
  • Show power requirements, and the crafting machine type for easy referencing
  • Tax modifiers
  • Maybe have durability modifiers, like in the case of foods you donā€™t use up a whole bucket each time but the value seems to be pretty low in the end so not sure if really needed
  • A ā€œshopping cartā€ to value forged things, add forge ingredients there to have their value reflect to the total price
  • Cleaner links, uses the internal item names currently

All data is stored locally in local storage, so if you link an item to somebody the prices wonā€™t be included, just the item name.

31 Likes

This is amazing! Iā€™ve been using a local version iā€™ve made to calculate coil costs myself, but having it on a website, along with integration with boundless trade is just simply fantastic!

Excellent work there mate!

2 Likes

Ill try this

Amazing tool! Now I can scrap part of my spreadsheets. Thank you :slight_smile:

One small quick improvement: Would be nice when boundlesstrade opens in a new tab

1 Like

Oh I seem to have lost that functionality at some point, itā€™s back there now :slight_smile: Requires a ctrl + F5 to skip cached files to make it update.

And donā€™t scrap the spreadsheets yet, there could be bugs in this :smiley: No extensive testing has been done and itā€™s pretty spaghetti.

Version 0.2 Changelog

• Purchase and sales tax options (Assumes the tax epic is active)
  • Crafting machine indicators, the icons are just random boundless icons but I did my best to match the machine color

edit: Oh wow I was just testing the tax stuff on testing, and the item in the basket disappears now if you donā€™t have enough budget in it to buy one with the set price! This is awesome! I didnā€™t see this mentioned in the patch notes, maybe I just missed it. Or is this already on live too?

1 Like

The forum thinks Iā€™m spamming this thread, so editing this one :smiley: New stuff at the bottom.

Version 0.3 Changelog

Expand
  • Improved the search algorithm (ā€œti haā€ for example now properly matches items like ā€œTitanium Balanced Hammerā€)
  • Can now hide the coin amounts to use the tool as more of a general crafting aid
  • Base item quantity can now be modified
  • Item quantities can be rounded up to the next mass craft, makes it easier to pick up the right amount of materials from your shelves when actually crafting the thing. Doesnā€™t affect the coin calculations, display only!
  • Can now hide the decimal points in quantities since theyā€™re irrelevant when crafting many items

Testing is unfortunately suboptimal, lots of things are in flux, so there could be bugs, please report any issues you have!

https://i.imgur.com/Mq3fEkw.png

Looks like this in the ā€œcrafting only modeā€

https://i.imgur.com/J1V5of8.png

Version 0.4 Changelog

Expand

Updated the recipe data, rift etc tools are now in there

Apologies it took so long, the release changed the recipe format a bit, especially with the ā€œAny trunkā€ like things and it took a bit longer than expected to restructure the tool to understand the new format :sweat_smile:

I hope it works as intended now, but if you find an item that isnā€™t working let me know here or by PM!

Version 0.5 Changelog

Expand
  • ā€œShopping cartā€ added, you can add multiple items to it and the tool will calculate the total worth. Useful for forged things.
  • The price input field is now highlighted red if there is no price set for an item.
  • Mobile improvements, Iā€™m using this as a responsive design test project :smiley:
  • Item history
    ** NOW ACTUALLY WORKS ** Please, if something looks out of place or seems like a bug, tell me, I wonā€™t bite!

https://i.imgur.com/O5KT4yT.png

Iā€™d really like to get the prices and the cart linkable, but itā€™s providing a challenge. Maybe in 0.6?

Version 0.6 Changelog

Still silence here, Iā€™m assuming that means that everything is working, but please do tell if something breaks. The scope of the project has expanded a bit so thereā€™s starting to be duct tape solutions that could break.

Anyway, been wanting to add a list of recipes where the current item is used. So I did that and now the tool can be used as proper recipe browser. This required some sacrifices, mainly

• Boundless Trade now open from the price edit buttons rather then the item name
  • Clicking the item name in the recipe list now opens that item in the tool

Price linking is harder than I imagined because of all the ā€œany Xā€ entriesā€¦ Might take a while.

Iā€™ve setup a testing branch with all testing items and recipes included. Still canā€™t post a new reply so I just have to trust people who are interested actually read this

https://lab.mayumi.fi/boundless/testing/#item=MACHINE_ENGINE_DYE_MAKER

2 Likes

Here, have 3 more reply.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around but what an amazing tool. Not just for shopkeepers, but for anyone doing crafting even if just for themselves. Love it!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve moved this under the same domain as the rest of my stuff Boundless Pricer
The old address will continue to work until further notice too.

Version 0.7 Changelog

• Added the ability to set prices for intermediate items. The calculations will use the hierarchically top item that has a price larger than 0 set.

• Added keyboard navigation the the search results.

• Power requirements for recipes are shown next to the machine name.

• The cart quantities can be manually entered to enable decimal points. There were some floating point errors here, Iā€™ve tried my best to account for them but if your quantity bugs out let me know how to reproduce it and Iā€™ll try to fix it.

• Hovering over an item in the recipe tree now highlights the item row and the items needed to craft it.

• Removed BTN auto-pricing since itā€™s not going to be fixed.

• Added buttons to set the quantity to commonly used amounts (a single mass craft, and a smart stack)

edit: Somehow some files were reverted to a previous version, should work as intended now.

8 Likes

@Mayumichi Please tell me this is still working, is accurate, and has place to input/calculate spark cost along with the rest of the ingredients.

It works, but I havenā€™t got spark cost in there. So many sources of spark so how do you define the price. I was planning on showing the amount of spark used, but even that is dependent on coils, so it gets pretty complicated.

2 Likes

No worries. As long as the recipes are right, I can add spark manually. Thanks a lot!

Xmas recipes are in :smile:

Added BUTT integration, shows top 10 price results for the item :slight_smile:

edit: Realised my WIP crafting time/spark column is also there. Theyā€™re just the base values as we still donā€™t know the formula for how coils affect these.

4 Likes

Great addition!

1 Like

Version 0.9 changelog

• Added spark value calculations
  • Added various speed and spark modifiers, still missing the power formula so thatā€™s a major missing component (Power spark/time reduction, math wizards assemble šŸ“ˆ) Oh well, better than nothing :slight_smile:
  • Moved most settings behind the settings menu
  • Added a spark value summary with different spark sources for you to select from, opened with the spark button next to the settings.

Thereā€™s probably bugs so yeah, keep them coming. I wasnā€™t sure what fuel speed modifiers there are, I havenā€™t used the enriched or infused stuff, do those go higher than 2x?

Oh and for spark calculations, the program ignores the sand recipe. I couldnā€™t find a neat way to make skipping it configurable :confused: I hope the vast majority are like me and not cracking their sand from rock.

4 Likes

So all this time I guess Iā€™ve been overpaying for spark by using kindling shreds huh?

Yes @DKPuncherello, you should probably switch to using sticks instead :smiley:

Alright ppl I have a problem, I canā€™t find a way to take the spark value in to account when calculating the fuel price, if crafting that fuel requires spark. Cause if you select a fuel, itā€™ll change the spark price obviously, but if that fuel requires spark to craft, the spark price change will affect the price of that fuel. If you select the same fuel again with the new price, itā€™ll again affect the spark price thus changing the price of that fuel. Repeat to infinityā€¦

Idk if that can be solved. Now the fuel value just ignores the spark used in crafting it :woman_shrugging: It still changes the net spark gain, but that spark loss isnā€™t added to the cost.

Chicken or the egg problem haha
I suppose we all started with soft coal. But itā€™s been a VERY long time.