Shopowner QoL

I love the API in Eve but in this game it would kill the wandering through shops and cities.

Omni’s Shop is cool because they have a excel price list online…I use that for a price reference usually

1 Like

Oh yeah, definitely. It’s easy to forget that that tax hit you both ways. That’s why I generally think 30% markup doesn’t seem unreasonable, because even it you didn’t take the skills, you skill get something (8% ish). The shop owner gets ‘some’ payment for their work, and more so when they actually spec to be a shopkeeper. And honestly, I don’t think there’s really a good excuse not to have it if you’re serious about being a vendor.

But some people just take the P***. I’ve just been into a shop that is buying titanium ore for 20c a peice… and also selling it for 800c peice. What kind of selfish [expletive] really thinks that’s acceptable? That simultaneously gouging the desperate and ripping of those who currently don’t have a shop themselves. I’d definitely never spending any coin there, and would hope others do the same.

It’d also be extremely helpful to have an Arbitrage Stand!

This is an interesting take: the devs could potentially expose a statistics API that displays some info about price distributions by item type (mean, median, p90, etc) but not reveal individual prices.

This would also be neat in game: show the global (median?) price for an item when setting prices in a shop stand or request basket. Would help prices stabilize much more quickly

1 Like

As a buyer I’d appreciate this too. Right now it’s not obvious when looking at an empty shop stand what is supposed to be sold there. If I know what it is and it’s something I’m interested in then I can make a note to return later and check if it has been restocked.

2 Likes

I’d like for the ability to check on my inventory and profits remotely.

I like the idea of market arbitrage and how it affects a player made economy. So I’m I’m against the idea of providing too much information on market prices for the sake of “fairness”. If you put in the effort to do the research on the competition and the market, than you should be rewarded as such.

2 Likes

I kind of like volatile prices though, the ability to buy low and sell high at a good margin after shopping around is great! A general API would definitely crush that possibility and introduce some heavy undercutting if prices.

2 Likes

Personally, I spend half my time wandering from shop to shop looking for deals. I’d be a bit disappointed if there were some global API system that automatically made all that information available.

2 Likes

no it shouldn, it should be ppls own efford to get a know what stuff is worth what.
its mind game in the game, to know prices, know where best spots and make some money just with buy and sell stuff etc.
having such thing wil fix the prices, all will have the same prices (BOOORING) and also ppl can manipulate that thing easy since the playerbase is not really big, and some ppl got 10 characters and 5 shops up etc.

1 Like

Personally I’m against a Shop API, yes it would make my life easier but also more boring.

A big part of Boundless is discovering other peoples’ builds and shops, an easy fast all in one page API would take a big part of that away.

I regularly walk around different shops to sample the prices. Then add them to my calc sheet and reevaluate my shop-prices (yes I have tables to calculate my prices, sue me :stuck_out_tongue: ).

What I would like to see however are more complex shop-stands. With “advanced” options for bulk prices (like 100each, but 750 for a 9stack), maybe Flash-sales and Formulas like “Buy 3 get one free”.

2 Likes

No API please.
I don’t wanna check online every 5 secs 119238 spreadsheets to make a deal.
It would ruin forever the exploration feature too.

I love to shop around for hours checking prices, buildings, etc.
But a message system for the shop owner would be really nice so we don’t have to travel everytime to restock.

‘You have sold X item Y quantity on Z beacon’.
‘You have run out of X item on Z beacon’

1 Like