Should we have more permissions? Poll

i actually was thinking in testserver that the tutorial was telling me its like that when i had to redo the beacon for tutorial was all excited to test it out
but its still same system :frowning:

I don’t care as much in regards to the issue of thievery. But I am all for more detailed permission options, for whatever purpose they serve.

1 Like

When you use that word, it makes me less angry at griefers.

It’s such a happy-sounding word for such a bad action haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

the more options we have, the better! always! :slight_smile:

as @ElfMarine pointed out, one can manage situation by having separate beacons for storage, machines etc.

downside of it: more beacons to fuel and remember about

so, yeah, I’d love to see more beacon options in future to make it easier

2 Likes

Also i thin the item “lock” should have function to everyone, including the member i gave permission.

Better would be an option to toggle permissions on that specific plot the lock is placed in. Give locks an interface to use (only for beacon owner to be changed) so that you can allow others to use your machines, but not your storage blocks in the plot next to it for example :wink:

PS: This would also be great for guild permission setups with special storages for the different kinds of members (without the need to have a hack of beacons mixed together (which also may corrumpy the holding of the mayor titel if in a settlement and another building/complex is not bigger but made as one beacon only :wink: )

1 Like

Lots of good suggestions - but maybe what we need is a “Permission Beacon” or something, that goes INSIDE a plot that you already own (so it doesn’t use fuel, and its a different type of beacon) that changes the rules in the plot that its in, maybe with a configureable radius or something. That would allow you to not have to section things into separate areas that each have to be fueled separately. It could also feature some more advanced functions as well?

Idk, its similar to the lock idea too, but just a different spin on it that seems slightly more in keeping with the current system. :man_shrugging: at least it seems so to me

hmm, so why not simply give those options to the lock? ^^ Or if you want to have a special item for that (which then makes the lock obsolete) it should at least be an item only 1 block in size and not a flaming pile of 2 blocks like a beacon now :wink:

Because I like the functionality the lock has currently, as a per-block blocker (or perhaps it could get added as a per-block permission customizer? Exciting!)

Yes, the more I think about it, the better that sounds. A new beacon that sets a different set of advanced permissions in an area, and change, no ADD a tier 2 lock that instead of just locking the block, it actually gives specific permissions to that block so you can give someone access to just one thing if you wanted :smiley:

Now that sounds nice!

1 Like