Skill tree suggestions

I don’t feel the need to bring up descriptions, as that’s been discussed already. I’m just gonna make a few quick recommendations for changes.

Attribute changes:

Attributes should have a more sliding-scale effect, so they feel more effective when you get it higher. 10/level only shows real results early-on, but diminishing returns ruins it on the last few. Should maybe go more like 10/12/14/16/18/20/24/26.

Also, you shouldn’t tell how much each talent adds in total, you should just say how much each point adds. Of course, giving them a higher scale should also increase the costs. Also, I know what that would do to, say, strength.

“You’ll be able to break any block in one hit!”

Well, yeah. You’re supposed to be super-strong. However, the drawback should be that your durability goes down faster. The durability should drop according to damage done, instead of usage. Hammer Mastery should be the function that balances that out.

“What about specializations?”

Here’s a thought: Every tree should have an unlockable mastery talent. Each of these mastery talents should have some kind of specialized abilities, and you can only unlock one (maybe two for attributes) per tree.

Examples:

Vitality: 40, -10% damage taken, fall damage halved
Power: 40, 25% chance to break any block on a single hit, 25% chance to stun targets

Item crafting can have the mastery trees to craft specific top-tier items. You can take one, but not take the others.

Regeneration should naturally occur on your character, but at a dismally small rate. Improving the regeneration should not only increase how much health you regen, but reduce the time between ticks.

All I could rattle out of my brain for the moment.

3 Likes

Status effects already add buffs and debuff, having it on the skill tree too would probably make it too buff heavy.

Decided to rattle something else free:

Tool mastery should unlock a special tool you can craft, but can’t sell. It should be locked to you once crafted.

Hammer: Similar effect to diamond hammer’s AOE mining, but also usable as a melee weapon
Shovel: AOE digging + can convert dirt-type.
Axe: Can be thrown like a boomerang
Chisel: Should be unbreakable, maybe make curved surfaces?

2 Likes