Skills and Specializing

Right click a tool or a weapon and in the info it say what mastery you need for it to function at max, if you have lower mastery you get a penalty to it, showed in purple text.

1 Like

LOL No worries @Graham-B!

Thanks for the clarification! Now I get it and I was wondering how that worked with the different materials for tools/weapons. I see that items from different materials have different names depending on what it’s made from. I only put one pt in slingbow mastery and I think one or two in hammers, but now I see to put a few more in slingbow if going for hunter.

1 Like

Thank you @Huerka for the info! I will start checking on the item info. I saw most of the usual info - dmg, stats, etc but Ididn’t notice about mastery. I will look again now.

EDIT: Well I’ll be darned. I see the purple now. I have a silver slingbow and a titanium one. I see the purple text on the titanium and needing mastery 3 for it. Thanks Heureka!! Now is there a skill that helps with recuing the deacy of using the item? Or is it a constant rate no matter what?

There is a skill, 1-5, i think.

Edit:
Its under survival, each reduce 10% of decay rate for tool and weap.

Thank you very much! Do many people put any pts in there?

Not sure how others do, but i got all 5…

Edit:
I am not sure if it go down to 50%, or if first go to 90, and the second take 10 % of that to 81 And so on…

1 Like

@wolvy68 if your going for more hunter build… as i said last night health/regen and death decay! (durability is only for prolonged use of item… Decay/Death Penalty is more important, just take a look at the stats on that one… :wink: )

Remember how much you died on Munteen efore i could warp us out :stuck_out_tongue: (at least it not me anymore Muhuhuhuhuha!)

and masteries ofc… crit/powr as you can begin to see… speccing hunter is almost a spec in itself :wink:

LMAO! @Graham-B Vitality (Health - 5,667) and Power to VI, Health regen to III (which is 40/per 5s), and nothing in defeated penalty reduction…yet. I think I am going to start makiing a list of skills I need to look into for a hunter build. LOL That was a blast yesterday!! Deaths and all. With Vitality VI and some health regen I went back today to Munteen and with singles, and dodging, i did a lot better. Even got a couple gems from one trunker. :grinning:

1 Like

maybe you should hit up the Portal Seekers which i am a part of… if they let you in, we do group hunts on munteen weekly… think of all the gem stacks then :wink:

And as @boundmore says… the resistences! (i keep forgetting those - but now with full health and regen… i find i am getting better at dodging myself, so… its a balancing act) basically with my health and regen maxed… i personally dont thin resistences are that importnt… did you realise i was just standing still while trying to get you down from that sky-ledge… did you see how much i was getting blasted?

LOL you were getting pelted. I had to be becareful at VI. I got a string of like 4 hits and my health dropped quick. lol I think a couple in resist might help. One of the strong stouts got me though by ramming. I think it was like 1800 a hit.

I saw the thread on portal seekers. I will think about it. But with my constant changing work schedule, I am not sure I would be able to make the hunt days every week.

yes… the high end Stock hurt loads… it s aprrox minimum of 900 then + whatever depending on type/how far you fly and etc

Devs said somewhere after an update that they changed the way resistance work from always decreasing % of dmg to % chance to resist all damage. I assumed its not different for resistance skill for players.

I tested on wildstock - stout one deals 250hp; with full resistance I still get that 250 but every now and again I resist all damage.
I bought 2 levels of defence temporarily and it decreased it to 235, which means it decreses damage by given amount (not %), so full defence is a shield parying exactly 50 damage which makes it useless atm - I hope it will change to % of damage.

I found that information about the change in how resistance works:

Continuing the discussion from Release 182: Signs and Portals++!:

under creatures and combat section it says “Resistance is now a percentage chance to take no damage rather than a damage reduction.”

ok cool… and can someone - for once - fully explain by what it means on steam now it iis possible for players to take 0 dmg at all if they want to not a direct quote, but its the implication…

Which skill set do i need for this?

This is the direct quote from the metorite update section on steam - If combat isn’t your thing, then don’t worry - Boundless will be equally playable by players who want to avoid all combat.

As i said as Althazar Gmes it is not very easily explained etc

Now that is an interesting quote. I would be interested to see the reply, although I am guessing something like running a town or maybe full crafting?

1 Like

the resistance skills: kinetic resistance to have up to 50% chance of resisting melee attacks, impulse resistance to have up to 50% chance to resist missile attacks, fall resistance to have up to 50% chance to resist damage from falling

What that is saying is if don’t want to fight anything, then just mine, craft, and build your way up the levels. But, no where in there does it say you don’t have to defend yourself against aggressive mobs.

2 Likes

then as always… it comes down to context and ASD :confused: as i say not complaining, was just confused for a very long while (since reading) thanks

I haven’t seen it mentioned here so I’m just going to chime in. The game file has a fancy little folder titled skill templates. In this folder you’ll find a list of different JSON files which include skill sets for Tanks, DPS, Miners, Builders, Crafters, etc at various levels as well. Some of the skills in these lists do not have effects in game right now, but it might be fun to take a look at the different paths you may be able to take in future updates. Devs have mentioned that they would like to include a weekly skill reset for us early accessers in the future, so don’t worry too much if you feel like you’ve made mistakes like I did! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wow, now that is interesting. And quite a few of them in there. I am interested to see how these workout. :grin:

1 Like