Skittles Bush

It is my understanding that although you can spray paint certain blocks, this is not possible with gleam. And exos are fun, but could take actual earth years to produce the colors you want. Also gleambow, but that’s once per year…

Why not add a skittles plant that just drops a few random colors of gleam when harvested?

7 Likes

Taste the rainbow.

4 Likes

Its my understanding that eventually the spray paint system will cover all blocks, but I was told they wanted to create “progression” for this. Still waiting for this to happen.

2 Likes

Oy, more progression aka exo drop requirements :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Join the club. I would LOVE for them to drop exo requirements for different colors of gleam that doesn’t exist on current permanent planets…

Sounds neat. I could see it being a non-atlas item that you stumble upon, “what’s that strange luminous glow on that hill?” or whatever.

May I ask what specifically people find distasteful about exos? I was pretty hesitant when they came out, but I go all the time now and don’t mind them, enjoy them even. (not that I think everything need be restricted to exos, just curious)

1 Like

For me it’s a mix of the cost, limited time they are available, and algorithm that makes some colors nearly impossible to spawn. I really enjoy freedom to do what i want when I want in games and exos make you drop everything to get there within the timeframe. There’s no challenge it’s a right time right place kind of thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of exos but it needs tweaks and I really don’t want the devs to continue pouring too much into relying on exos.

3 Likes

I just detest adding exo loot requirements for relatively basic crafting (concrete). The original recipe was something along the lines of glue + sand. And I only dislike this ingredient requirement because that drop isn’t found on any permenant planets. And I hate the idea that moving forward most new recipes will be exo locked as well.

Sure, rift hammers and chrysominters can be exo recipes - but concrete?? A relatively basic crafting block? Why??

Yeah, it’s simple once you gather your kindling and get started…

Also meteorite ichor leaves a sour taste. Rare exo drop that gives an Oort penalty? Yes please! Lol. Great idea, pooor execution.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree about ichor. Concrete isn’t really bad (as you say, once you’re started), but it seemed to cause a fair amount of disappointment when it came out being exo-linked. Having the base concrete (if not the patterned) use glue would be fine by me. Then again, it’s really not so bad once you get started, and some exos have a lot of kindling.

Definitely sympathize with people with less time too. I typically spend a few hours+ when I go to make the trip worth it, so if you only have a couple hours a week to play that would be rough. Though certainly the exo shuttle thread is worth checking out.

1 Like

I’d love to see what the art devs could come up with re: gleam based plants. Would it be some sort of rose bush with a big gleam flower? Or a pumpkin patch full of gleam gourds? Petrified gleam tree?

1 Like

I like that they are restricted, it adds to the experience. However, I hate that they’re basically all the same with just different color schemes. I’d like to “explore” actually new planets, not variations of the same planets with just different colored blocks.

• More variety in animals would be a great start.
  • More variety in planet structure.
  • Tie special animals to specific biomes or environments (aka, some new random goat only found on mountain tops under specific conditions).
  • How about some fish, both decorative and dangerous.
  • How about giving the animals some basic AI (not like the existing AI which just brings them straight to you, but something that makes them go out and search for food, or shelter if its raining, etc…). This would add “life” to the planets.
1 Like