Slightly different hunting

Hey everyone, i was wondering if there is ppl interested in “Grapple hunting” where we go everywhere on foot and we dont use stations. Since im bored with station hunting, i wanted to start hosting first for T3-T4 hunts, to see how it goes than if it develops it would go for higher tier planets

I would like to see peoples opinion also :smiley:

EDIT: I would like to make a poll but idk how to make it lol

Such hunt starts in 40 minutes. We run it for several months already :wink:

No platforms, mostly Exo planets, usually twice a week. Everyone welcome to join.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t this just be normal hunting and the other is platform hunting?

2 Likes

Squatch hunts are always like this

1 Like

There are enough hunts of all kinds, we are just missing proper in-game tool to address all players. Obviously not everyone follows Discord hunt bot.

1 Like

I follow it but never saw its reffered as normal hunting, i spoke to ton of ppl and they dont know about it… you see what im tryin to do here?

1 Like

Its referred to as Ground Hunts or “old School” hunts, I do call it Exo hunt, and (maybe wrongly) presume people understand there are no platforms :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But I did not mean you, I met many people who dont know about discord bot. And also not all follow this forum and not all read every thread…

I only know of two kinds of hunting. Tho I’m not a hunter. Platform hunting and normal/old schools/traditional/ground/etc hunting. Don’t really know what other kind one could come up with. I know theres ground platforms and sky platforms. But that would still be the same thing.

Oh and bomb hunting. But that’s a chaos I don’t want to be a part of. And that could be done with both methods. Since that’s just the weapon choice

1 Like

I dont rly wanna go on exo hunts honestly, all the time i go to exos is to mine, and they are not rly sustainable if u ask me, its easier to lead a hunt on planets where you already been, i mean its cool that there is, but i cant rly look at every time the bot pings and look for this specific hunts also i wanna do it myself cuz i have a lot of time free, so i wanna be able to get ppl in all time zones

1 Like

Just join us and see if you like it ! It is always good to have new hunts, especially in times when there is no other available.

I reffered to it as slightly different cuz i never saw normal hunts, only the platform one

1 Like

Kind of funny.

Platforms took over that much? I haven’t even hunted since halloween but I was going on the squatch hunts it was just normal hunting with an occasional platform to get to distant regions.

3 Likes

At the beginning squatch hunts are with platforms, but we seem to get more metors running around, also we get birds.

2 Likes

Ye they did, i mean i will go on that hunt if i need fast oort, but its not so fun…

1 Like

Totally agree warping platform to platform takes out a good part of the fun IMO.

1 Like

Way easier to “afk hunt” with platforms though (while working or watching tv)

1 Like

Ye, thats all cool and great, but thats why i asked if there is ppl interested in more dedicated and fun type :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

exactly lol

1 Like

You do spawn less meteors when using platforms, or maybe I just haven’t cracked the code on how to get platform hunting to work. Typically my hunts looked like warp, meteor spawns, complete, warp to next platform - no meteor, warp again 50/50 chance of a meteor, 3rd warp generally get a meteor vs region walking and almost always getting a meteor.

Hunting is hunting, platform or ground. Only difference is I use less of my grapples with platforms. Used to love ground hunting, but all and all its just the same thing either way, oh and don’t forget to rinse and repeat.