Slingbow Forging: What buffs do you prefer?

Hi all, I am getting ready to forge some slingbows for hunts mainly on T5 and T6 planets. I have not forged many of these as of yet. I am hoping for opinions on your choice on the buffs that work best for you. I have asked a few people through discord and am seeing that people go for Devastating Damage (Effect), Weak (Special) and Busy Bee (Lightness). Though some are saying they prefer Critically Lucky (Ease), Long-Range (Longevity) and Hard Hitter (Effect) and a few others have been mentioned. Would anyone be able to give some feedback on what they feel are the better combos to go for during the process and possibly the levels for the choices. Just for reference I am planing on forging 2 of every type of gem sling.

Edit: as a side note, what augments do you prefer. I currently use the 400 plus damage.

1 Like

Personally ive always prefered slingbows using long range, longer durability (both longevetivy buffs), along with either straight damage or the heavy projectile damage boon. The higher duability means less need to repurchase.

3 Likes

I have been thinking about going for damage mainly because i tried basically making a machine gun and using fast brew and the durability just dropped so fast when i did that

1 Like

I use DMG+DURA and weakness, love these bow for group hunts.

1 Like

I mostly always go for Devastating Damage, Long-Range and either Heavy Duty or Light Flight (makes for a good sniper bow)

Looks like I’m the same as most ppl here, +Dmg, +Dura, +Range. Range is one of those things that just comes in handy for Road Runners, so I can’t do without it.

Yes this. I find the debuffs underwhelming for how I play too. Finally, I’m impatient so value longer range & low projectile weight. That way things are both dead and turned into resources by the time I arrive there even with moderate Agility.

I find you can get enough damage with other available options so I avoid getting DD on bows because it comes in the category with heavy projectiles (ugh). Whenever I try to forge bows for it I get that and have to complicate the process with boon removal. I am lazy and prefer easy paths so a fast, long range bow with critical food and either strength or action speed buff on a brew.

Though rarely I have resources to spare so gamble on DD and suck up the heavy projectiles. Then you can use a main-hand range, off-hand damage combo for mobs with buffs that won’t die before you get there.

Same thing but I hate the heavy projectile so much as it shows up so often and I would only use it when I ever feel like going for multi-shot and normal damage to make up for the multi-shot reduction as the drop from heavy is a pain normally even on low levels or if you use heavy bows.

Otherwise I find myself leaning towards ruby slingbows as my main unless I need to use sapphire over it for some worlds.

The 20% crit on ruby over sapphire is nice and it’s good speed and damage as the swift ones have issues with cuttles on the higher worlds normally unless you stack food or both types of damage and the heavy ones are too slow and their drop is nasty enough that it makes having range on it a pain.

@schasm - yeah the double up is a very nice combo. I’ve seen you around ultima, pop in and have a look at the 2bow combo hephty has on my stands… ignore the prices btw he usually just hand trades for much fairer.

The one is a full dura 6-shotgun (has projectile speed, but he’ll do a damage attempt I’m sure) for cq combat, the other is a max dmg sniper for while closing. I feel this is a nice combo to have, unless your critters happen to be emerald resistant.

Shotguns seem to be slightly out of favour, is that because of the wide spread or because of dmg drop (and difficulty getting +dmg due to heavy ammo boon)?

1 Like

They seem nice for tanks as they can survive getting close to the enemies plus can grab aggro from multiple targets at times.

It’s just they are close range and tend to be more expensive to be useful enough since you kinda need both types of damage and a high level multi-shot that shares a lot of other boons with special to be worthwhile is an issue for a lot.

1 Like

Devastating Damage, Multishot and Longrange/Heavy Duty.

Yeah for me I never seem to connect enough shots to make it worthwhile. I will have a look at the options on the stands, thanks! Helps me looking at creations of others, not very inventive. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your input on this. This has provided me with a few choices to try out. Have to acquire my last set of slingbows tonight which are amethyst.