Slingbows: repeaters vs chargers

Hi there!

I have some problem with the slingbow balance: I think repeaters are not as good as chargers. Why? Because they have the same amount of durability! And since you need more shots to kill with repeaters, you will use up a repeater far more faster than a charger. It is not a problem with the non-gem slingbows, cause only silver and gold are repeaters, and titanium is a charger, so if titanium lasts longer, and is better than silver/gold, im ok with it, but gem ones need to be more balanced. I saw that only amethyst and topaz are repeaters (I dont know about emerald), so they need more durability (twice as much: 3000), or their effects (corrision and shock) need to be far more better than other gem slingbow effects (when they will be implemented).

7 Likes

The same applies to swift tools… with max swing speed say goodbye to your durability…

imo copper tools are worse than stone because of this.

2 Likes

True that too

I wouldn’t worry about it. At the moment repeater’s are higher range and don’t slow you down while firing.
(My opinion may be biased on Chargers)

I’m finding repeaters (I’ve only tried amethyst so biased here again) completely useless. Against tier 5 mobs I deal 6k damage per shot with my charger and 79 with my repeater. It feels like they have not been adjusted for the higher mob armor.

2 Likes

It depends on whether you are using your amethyst (corrosive) slingbow on corrosive creatures or not. Corrosive creatures are more immune to corrosive weapons.

Ah, so that’s how it works. Will try it out on Nasharil then. Thanks!

I use topaz sling on munteen creatures and dealing around 1k dmg per shot to tier5 tentacle monsters (have max power, sling mastery and repeater mastery). My only problem is still the durability, since you can kill 6 times more mobs with your charger, so its more efficient to use.

Anyway I like single shot repeaters (only topaz from gem ones), so will not shift to chargers, but efficiency is a great deciding factor for most players, and when the difference is 6 times…