Slope launching and hopping removed

Every time I go over any slope whether it’s big or small I get airborne. This has proven to be very inconvenient and frustrating. I especially noticed on the roads in our new city. There’s some spots where there’s a single block slope every few blocks and trying to simply run up the road is super irritating. It would be nice if your character would just stay attached to the ground when running over slopes. Think how smooth and seamless that could be.

6 Likes

Yep, +1 for this.

I hear you… sometimes when it is a small slope followed by another and another it can get annoying. Especially when I was not running fast due to not enough skill points.

But ultimately for me many times I like the slope hop because it gives me more momentum when jumping up mountains and larger obstacles. Especially since I only put in points to allow for a 2 block high jump. Also I know that the slope thing helps people that use grapples to go flying. So that would severely hurt those acrobats! lol.

2 Likes

Actually now that you mention it I like that as well, so maybe there could be a button you hold down or toggle that would keep you firm on the ground even when running full speed over slopes. That would work for everybody. :sunglasses:

Yeah that could work… something if you want to stay on ground… cause honestly at times I do enjoy the slope bounces even when right after another on a road. So I would hate to see it go away completely but for those times I am not enjoying it I could at least stop it from happening…

You know sometimes you just like bouncing around so those little road slopes add to the game… but other times its like no! lol.

1 Like