Small Business Saturday!

Hello Oortians!

I have a suggestion to the entire community in lieu of our lack of footfall after patch 211. What do you say we come together as a community and support Small Business Saturday and each other!!

It’s simple. Spend some time running through portals, visiting other players shops and builds and just explore the portal network you are closest to. This will give everybody a boost to current footfall and help stimulate the economy a bit. You don’t have to purchase anything, just explore and trip the footfall counter for other players. Many of us do this normally, but with a single focused day, many players will feel it immediately and hopefully be wiling to spend it immediately as well. This might also give great data for the Dev’s. Or not, not sure how they collect data.

I suggest finding creative ideas for your next build!

What do you think community?

• I will take part in Small Business Saturday!
  • I will not.

0 voters

1 Like

At least wait until after footfall is fixed to lead a parade…

3 Likes

I agree once it is fixed I think we should get a group together and go explore some builds etc

2 Likes

a parade…I like it.

I, with all my authoritative powers (none) … Designate JANUARY 26, as SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY. Parade will start at Noon EST and we will visit a beacon of each member in the parade and some.

Parade Marshal TBD. Meeting Location will be “LACUNA” from Gravidias (PS) Hub.

• I will attend.
  • I will not.
0 voters
1 Like

I’ll be there if I’m home in time!

I like it. This is a fun idea.

It’s like a shopping hunt. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to make. It’s 1am Sunday morning Australian EST :smile:

I don’t have a shop yet, but slowly working on one.

I can’t guarantee that I will be there at that time, but I do promise that I will go and visit various shop on several planets that day.
I generally run round planets every day anyhow, comparing prices so I won’t charge to much on what I sell in the Mall. Look for idea of what I might want to add, even spend a few coins here and there.

1 Like

Adding this, if you really want to help players, go to the small settlements, Not the established one. As much as I like G. Mall, and have a shop there, enjoy shopping and buying things at other larger markets, They have coins coming in. The small settlements that have just three or four shops, that if lucky get one or two customers a day and probably less need those visits to give them coins to spend on supplies.

Umm doesnt footfall need to b fixed still?

i clicked the i will try option :wink:

well some people with bigger projects run lots off portals i think them getting no footfall is the same bad as small settlements so just do both maybe :smile:
people can also come build some art at arte intera and win 50k in monthly price money sponsored by @Salvatory and his centless store im still waiting for more people to start running a voting poll but i guess art cost more then 50k :grin:
ow olmost forgot to mention that most off build mats can also be sponsored
if you not king midas

Small business parade tomorrow!!
(Bump)

If you think it might be cool to get together and explore smaller player portals and rush them with footfall then come join us! If you dont care about footfall then come join us! The economy needs a little manual assistance these days. We can wait until footfall is fixed. Or we can do something now. I mean Saturday. Hence small business Saturday.

We will wander as a flock of birds with a purpose to inspect and appreciate a persons shop or build and migrate on, spending about 60seconds per portal. Parade Marshal will choose the next portal and stand directly next to it until entire parade procedes through. The parade marshal will also take as many requests as possible while maintaining a 60 sec interval. A group vote can postpone our stay somewhere if its really cool. Or The marshal can choose the next one early.

I encourage you to get together with your local friends or join us for a major parade from “Emporium Nocturne” off Ultima Hub. It’s a big portal in the basement courtyard hub. Or from Legendville And Gravidias (P.S.) Hub. (Lacuna)
Noon EST. Saturday. Thats the evening for you ladies and gents across the pond, and 1am for you outback guys and gals.
Parade Marshal will be “Yourhighness” (He’s got a bit of a big head) He will be easy to find while wandering shops. It would be great to bring 5-10k coin to spend if you have it.

Wish I could attend, but I’m headed off to the movies at that time.

Please take screenshots of any of the nicer shops and share them that are seen on the march!

1 Like

GREAT Idea!

5 pm UK? I am always confused no matter how many times I check :blush:

1 Like

I know its off topic but we really just need an “In game clock” to use for all of this.

1 Like

Small Business Saturday is here!!

2 hours from this post and the parade will kick off!! Hope to see you there!

I really have no idea what time it will be in UK.

1 Like

UK time will be around 5:10 pm

2 Likes

Footfall is still 50% broken :sob: