Small thing with half blocks

I would love to be able to use two different half blocks in the same space. For example, I’d like to see my ceiling as ‘twisted wood timber slab’ by placing in on the bottom half of the block space, but see my second story floor as ‘lustrous wood timber slab’ by placing it in the top half of the block space directly on top of the ‘twisted wood timber slab’. This way it would use only one block space for optimizing builds.

5 Likes

You aren’t the first (nor will you be the last!) To suggest this. Unfortunately, it’s currently impossible for technical reasons. The reason for this is that two blocks can not occupy the same unit of space. HOWEVER there is a work around; if you offset the ceiling and floor a half block so that the ceiling slab occupies the top half of its space, and the floor occupies the bottom half of its space, you can have the illusion of two slabs occupying the same space. You will however encounter issues when trying to place things on the floor.

8 Likes

For now we will just have to believe we live in an advanced world and everything can levitate a half block, except us.

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the info! It was just something small I though of today while building. Good to know there’s already support for it. Hopefully in the future it’s something that can be added. Until then I won’t worry about it:p

Ill just add this question here, is it possible for me to close a post I made? This one was answered well very quickly and if possible I would like to close it to keep things tidy. If not, no big deal. Thanks!

i believe that to close it you need a higher trust level, or a higher rating than member. as given to specific trusted people by the devs i believe. like dear @Stretchious. wonderful person. trusted by everyone. don’t quote me on that though.

leaders have global close abilities, since it specifies “global” close abilities i assume that means that there’s a point where you can close your own threads. /shrug

1 Like

I can close it on request.

2 Likes