So... bored

The thing about be bored has more to do whit private life in my opinion. Sometimes you dont feel like do anything at all.
But for boredom in game i do a lot testing the game out. My first test was how rare is iron on a starter planet the peacefull one.

I mine at a random place a 20x20x10 area, no atlas max luck iron hammer. I start underground to not leave a deathpitt. So far 20- 35 can be found. For me it means iron is accesable for everyone at start.

Next tests are cut down 2 huge trees to see starberry drops and sap.

Maybe i just use my energy diffrent to simply keep my mind busy. Be bored is simply human :wink:

1 Like

This is true. If the content isn’t changing, like Titans, or Planets, or Just new items with a single use.

This is why I’ve been suggesting ideas that give the PLAYERS the freedom to create things to enjoy. Instead of The Devs making, say, a Dungeon, or a Jumping/Platform event, or puzzles, in a special area. Why not give the players the tools to create that stuff themselves?

People would have fun making the events, people would have fun playing the events, and those that get bored of 1 event by 1 player, can go to a whole different event by a different player, even if the core aspect is the same.

^ That would last for a long time, compared to the Devs just making 1 horde style dungeon event through a portal. Or just another planet like every other planet you already have.

PS. I still say the Devs should add in Minigames, let us make and use Chess Boards on Tables and sitting on chairs, or playing pool on a pool table, or playing poker at a poker table! Go full Playstation Home, for those PS3 owners that remember that!

1 Like

We need moving parts! Some logic as that other voxel game has would also be something that would keep me playing longer!
With moving parts and logic we could ‘code’ our own puzzles and moving mazes and platforms!

Also would love:

• to make my own blueprints, things, big or small, heck even a house perhaps or complete rooms, that I build and can turn into a blueprint. This blueprint I can then use later to build the same item again if I have the material. Of course this has to take some time, not poof there it is
  • being able to sell these blueprints
  • the logic mentioned above, if you can make smarter machines and not everyone has come up with certain ways of doing yet I might be able to sell the blueprint for that or the complete machine

I forgot this from my original post:

• farming! would love it if I could grow my own glow cap or sweet beans! No this should in no way be easy, getting the tools, machines, green house etc. to be able to do this has to be something that takes time, like collecting a certain amount (using shovel so you can plant them), gathering the soil from one of the planets where it grows and all the mats needed for the machines.

There really is so much potential!

And now for something else. I would like a change to the skill system. I don’t like it that we have to choose certain epic skills, brewing or cooking, hammer or shovel/axe epic, etc. Right now I keep buying skill reset points in order to be doing everything optimally.

2 Likes

Too much to read all and i am sure there are many suggestions in it.
But for the cause @Steggs101 asked for causes, i want to post my list too.
Just to clearify, i am not bored by the game, since i still have many things to do and to explore. But i can understand, why people who play since alpha now are bored, since thy still „saw all“.

My list for improving my gaming fun in Boundless:

• more secrets to find, i aim special rare drops from creatures and surface items
  • more decorative items
  • water for building at areas where naturally no water is in
  • possibility to give public rights at own beacon, i am imagine public accessible chest, special locks usable by an key you own, the key can be also a number code
  • automation system, like the redstone in Minecraft
  • reward system for themed settlements
  • trophy system, that you can use as decoration
  • craftable natural blocks for getting more prestige when you want to create a natural looking settlement
6 Likes

America is the land of opportunity, but you dont just get handed a college degree when you’re born.

I especially agree with more secrets too. That’s how I build my plots :smiley: so players can help with that.

However one naturally occurring secret per new planet can’t be too much to ask. If not two or three. It’s been suggested a few times so hopefully it gets in. Its only a temporary thing however, a one off I visited that place. Which is why I like the idea of random temporary worlds so much, as they will constantly be being remade.

Other than that, moving parts and logic has been suggested forever, to allow for some sort of games arcade, or just more puzzles for players other than the well crafted mazes and other static attractions. Like the dividing board I recently jumped off :smiley: It brings more people back into a settlement as well, so its good for shops. That is again a popular suggestion in this thread.

Logic could be a big strain on the server tho, if not coded right. I mean, they can’t even make connecting glass blocks, because they tried and it put too much strain on the server they said. Which is why we still get very ugly and useless blocky glass like old Minecraft.

I’d want:

• Blueprints. That’s a great idea, based on how it’s used. If it just highlights the area, and you still have to manually place blocks, that’s pointless in my eyes. But if you could, say, Select an area for it to ‘Place’ then out it in a Machine with all the blocks needed, and it instantly builds it for you? I would even go so far as to add, Destroying and removing all blocks inside the blueprinted area too (So it can’t be used to farm resources). I would 100% want that, so much. Especially if you can make the blueprints multiple plots big to say copy and sell a Shop Building for a city’s Market Place.

• Logic Blocks. Able to use a Redstone like system, Switches, Logic Gates, and so on. Even if it’s just 1 block you’re computing everything from, isntead of a bunch of lines of red wires across the floor. Actually, I know a way it could work even, inside of Boundless, with a UI Change. Tho it would mostly only be useful for Basic Coding. Like if anyone played Furcadia, rip out the Dragon Speek system, which has all the custom codes built in, and you’re just replacing the important info, to make it much easier and basic. But anyways, onto how it works.

I would have a Machine with 4 rows of Inventory Space. And along with the machine, a Special Tool you have to make to work with it. So how it would work is, first you attune the Tool to the Machine. Then with the Tool, you hit a Block and inside the Machine, in the UI, it would mark that block and remember it with a Name like ‘Rock 1’ which you can then customise the name of to know it better. Then, with coding, you can SWITCH or MOVE that block, or even REMOVE and REPLACE it. By either removing the block from the world and storing it in the Inventory of the Machine, or replacing it with another object in the machine.

So say if you want a door to open in front of someone, and shut the door behind them, using a wall for the doors. You’d have the Machine ‘Remove’ the Blocks in front that are opening, the Machine storing those blocks inside it’s inventory. The using Blocks from it’s inventory, to be place behind the player to seal them in.

That would be epicly awesome system, but no way it’s going to happen, even if people Modded it into Minecraft lol.

• Next is indeed farming. Let us Grow Desert Plants so I can just farm my Fiberish Leaves! I’d make a 50x50 plot wide Fiberish Farm if I could! I’ll have all the Fiberish Leaves!

• Mini Games, inside the game. Let us make Chess Boards, Pool Tables, Pong Machines, Monopoly, Poker Tables, and other simple to make things and play them inside the game! Go full Playstation Home and Second Life and letting us enjoy games, inside of the game, just to hang out and be inside the game and play games with friends so we don’t have to constantly be grinding for stuff. Let us Roleplay and have fun!

• Anything that gives the players the ability to create stuff. Just please don’t make people have to grind to be able to be creative. Give us the tools, we’ll make our own fun.

2 Likes

ive got some friends from EA that love the game
they are so good if i give them 100plots they finish a build that size in 1week after that there’s nothing to do
im helping them by running a infocenter and give there builds a interactive twist i really think the next focus off the dev’s should be on items that gives us more posibility’s interactive wise

my latest invention to keep the oldscool players busy is a the great library (temple off the universe) the info will be posted soon
but it be a place where we colect locations in a public library
and allow vendors to sell cool unused location
mining locations
atlases
anything atlas and location wise

new profession
landspotter (selling beaconfree locations that are epic fit to size off customer)
so if a customer says no beacons 3hills a lake and a forest they got the token :smile:
miningspotter
this seller looks for great mining spots and sells them to players
if they build up rep they can ask good coin for the service

steggs got question for you guys
what is in pipeline to make game more interactive :smile:

ow another off my projects is the minigame city def need some help there to make it awesome minigames are a greatway to keep ya busy and keep building interesting also at the infocenter

another one thats on my mind is inventing a pro mailing system
its def on the todo list

then we also got a spot for a hunterhut that can use some help
needs be interactive where we can do something extra for the aquatopian hunts (running well in our discord atm)

so @Chivlet our any other player if ya bored contact me Moebs
i always got a milion ideas on my mind manysuccesfull and i give them out for free :grinning:

our discord got a request a blueprint service run by @Hashmalash
you could also request something insane and try find a crew to make hash his designs can be huge sometimes keep ya busy for months

what keeps me busy is offcoarse all these crazy ideas but also having not much time each day but i see ltoqs off players that have alot off time getting bored think they need some epic loot that takes loads off time :grin:

I agree. I also point out the benefits to consumers, but maybe you didn’t read that part? Furthermore, we got stuck on the tools as an example, but the idea is larger than that. I’m talking about every block in the game having different quality levels. Metamorphic Rock can also be average, great, excellent, w/e quality. And that can introduce more props or blocks, don’t you see that? It’s not just about tools and vendors, Kal-El.

You don’t have to pull up the item to check them, because they have descriptors. Maybe you’re only interested in iron hammers with 20 extra points of damage. Let’s say that “excellent damage” tag means +15-30 extra damage. So, you can skip over every iron hammer that doesn’t have the tag “excellent damage”. Easy. EDIT: To be clear, in this example “excellent damage” always, always means +15-30 damage. Other tags like “great” “fantastic” or no mention (meaning average) could be ignored. So you only have to check once you’ve found “excellent damage” that seems like the right price for that small range of stat increase.

EDIT: BTW, I understand your grumpiness and caution on the idea. IMO, they screwed up the descriptors and the whole Forge system. It’s very unclear what you’re getting when you see an item on a shop stand. This quality system of mine - meant to compliment existing recipes and resources, not replace them - would be easier to understand than the current one.

He’s talking about that, unless it has a visual effect like Forged does, (and even then you have to do it with forge anyways), to figure out what the effect is and stats changed.

• You have to Go to a shop, check the Visuals to see if it’s Forged or Not.
  • Then if it is a Forged hammer, you have to literally click on the Shop.
  • Then open the Stack if they are in a stack.
  • Then hit Triangle on the PS4 to see Details and check each and every hammer’s Detail, and memorise each one to be able to compare them to each other, to see what hammer has what effect and what stat changes.

All because all Forged Hammers stack together, no matter their effect, so 1x3, 2x3, and 3x3 all stack in one stack together, along with any other quirk, buff, and debuff. You have to manually check each one, unless a shop goes out of it’s way to manually seperate each effect into a different Shop Stand. And even then, best to double check before you drop 20kc on a fundamentally useless forged hammer.

Well, simple solution would be adding pre fixes and descriptive names. “Mighty Exceptional Iron Hammer”. With simplified tool tips showing comparisons. +/- damage etc.

I understand, but again I feel making quality variations on the blocks only means more grinding to get the blocks you want in order to make something. I will agree they need to add props and other building blocks to the game, but I think they should use the existing resources versus making gathering and mining and storing even more complicated. Now I have to store not one kind of iron but three? We are going to have to just disagree with each other on this. I really do not see how this eliminates the boredom that comes as part of mining and gathering.

I am sorry but if a low quality iron hammer looks just like a high quality iron hammer then I do have to go to the sales plinth and pull up the item to see what it is versus just a quick look to see if a store has any iron hammers. That is my point.

Now if they want to eliminate the forge so that there are three tiers of tools for each material then I would be all for that. But some people like the forge and would probably think that makes the game more boring to eliminate it.

1 Like

I want fishing. And then I want to be able to bomb fish and clear a lake in a few seconds until that is removed. Then I want to be able to make an AOE fishing pole with action speed boons that clear a lake in an few minutes.

1 Like

I play as a primarily hunter role, with a builder alt. Hunting is possible with a solid skill set, and can make more than enough money so I dont have to grind all parts of the game.

I have no problem at the moment hunting and selling, and buying and building to get what I would like accomplished.

If you want to do it all, it will take time, which is granted. But you can do a lot with a streamlined process.

I also really like the game and play for a good deal on most nights since its release.

Not gunna lie, this is mostly why I want fishing, too. Just to see all the fishes float to the top after you chuck a few bombs in.

Do you have an approximate date for the release of the titans and protectors? Even a date for the reveal would be fine.