So who else is like me?

I sit at my machines and write a list of items I need so I’m not running all over because as we all know no storage system is 100% organized and everything smart stacks.

Can you guess what I’m making by my list?

Z

4 Likes

I definitely make lists. I haven’t done any real crafting since craft planning got added to boundlessinfo.com though (Boundless Information Station). I think the craft list should be able to do it better.

3 Likes

Oh my storage system is pretty organized and still a work in progress. But I also make these lists mainly for restocking my shops or simple gathering materials for crafting. I just started getting into crafting after collecting a decent amount of all types of materials.

are those ornate wicker storages ?XD and no i didnt look it up , the nut gave it away
oh and the lower wicker storages with the rice

1 Like

My storage is a nightmare. A move to another planet had to start building ASAP living out a becon wasn’t best for a hubby wife team so storage blocks thrown up and a small system set in place.

After a quick appointment in a few weeks, I may be able to organize and not squirrel so much.

Z

1 Like

Didn’t but haven’t actually made wicker yet :wink: (i know after all this time shame…shame…shame :wink:)

Don’t make a list :grin: doesn’t benefit me tough… run up, down and all around like a headless chicken when i do crafts that aren’t already “appointed” (machine that only crafts food/essence/oort/alloy/brick/marble… you get the point :wink:)

1 Like

We have a winner.

Z

My first go at wicker. Never put details into a build like I am now. My hoard of oh I might need that is coming in handy but my storage is about to kill me. 1 ramp and a grapple to the blocked area yup gots work to do but I keep squirreling.

Z

1 Like

big time

every time I am about to make several masses of sth more complicated, I would make a list of ingredients and note how many I need of each for planned crafting

since trip around all storage sections takes time, going back and forth would be a waste; having a list helps to get all needed ingredients in one go

1 Like

i have similar problems , and i am planning my new workshop to work like this one , this here had helped me immensely

2 Likes

That my dream but can’t do much until details are done on this build. We have plenty of space to rework our workshop.

Z

1 Like

For anything I am likely to make on a relatively regular basis, I put signs on the floor with the lists of ingredients and quantities next to the relative machines… … I have a little note book too for everything else :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I wish I was like you and made lists, but … I’m too lazy to do so. :joy:

1 Like

Pads of quarter ruled graph paper. Pads with lists for Boundless (what biomes for what sovereign! Ingredients to collect! Things to make!). Another pad for Factorio with quantity calculations like trainloads per minute of iron plates or how many beaconed assemblers of low-density structures. Another pad for Stardew Valley for season-by-season plantings. A pad of plan-ruled paper with a list of JIRAs in the works with associated notes for when I’m not playing something. I’m happy games like NMS or Stellaris don’t require pads with lists on them because after a while they all get mixed up, like my storage in Boundless.

I draw my circles on graph paper before I place them they get difficult when you get to the big circles

2 Likes

Is my best friend since finding it for circles.

Z

3 Likes

Yeaa someone told me about that but that takes the Fun out of Learning. all my Circles are made without that stuff

Plus I checked it out once it doesn’t go up to 91x91 plot wide so it good that I learned normally to make circles ( ^-^ )

1 Like

I use this one for any voxel-based games I play. It’s a delight.

planning is half the fun

I made my 1st wicker exactly 2 years after i started playing

11 Likes

:open_mouth: be for me… made Maybe yes (that I don’t know) but you might have used it already before that in a build (i think :wink:). Haven’t even done that :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like