So excited for this project!

I have been following Oort for some time now. Initially I had concerns because the cloud funding was being handled differently than most games. But, I am happy to say that as time has passed I have not only gained more and more excited about the game, and not only have I spent hours upon hours toying around in the Alpha, perhaps most importantly I have gotten to know the developers some as well as the community which are both awesome.

Friends:
I have gained more friends from the few posts I made here than in any other forum. I am talking friends I am playing other games with and friends without geographical boundaries. Really awesome!

Devs:
Also, I have met a couple dev’s on google hangout now a couple times and they seems really genuinely committed and as enthusiastic as a child in toys-r-us. Ben is the architect and he takes note of everything that sounds remotely interesting. I bet he is doing the same on the forum posts.

Competition:
Putting MC aside for obvious reasons. I have been trying lots of games in the genre and they all miss the mark. I can’t explain it, but I have more fun messing around in the far from finished Oort worlds than any of the completed games in this genre on steam. I am pretty sure, I tried them all. When this game is done, it is going to blow player’s socks off.

The only thing I can say about the current state of affairs is that there is not enough players online right now, but that is to be expected at this stage.

11 Likes

@Tahru I am super glad you are a member of this community! I am also very enthusiastic about the future of this game! I’m curious about one thing though, as you alone have spoken to the devs in person. If you could make one change to the direction oort is going, what would it be and why?

1 Like

Hence why I said I am a bit in a waiting stage to get more people involved. I can’t justify promoting just yet without the game having more content. If that is the case you’ll find a babyboom :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, @tahru!

Is this the record? I wonder if anyone has broken 1000 yet :open_mouth:

1 Like

no it is my own personal record but I know people who idle just to have hours on the clock so I wouldn’t base it on steam records.

1 Like

Yeah currently there is not much stuff for me for that I’m not an exsessive Builder like the onew who are currently playing ^^ but as soon as the Economy and guilds are in, I hope I’ll be there to start my Guild. We’ll see. Also I’m still waiting for the Worldbuilder to work on Windows so I can create my own world + starting over with the WBC here in the Forums. So yeah its just the current state of game that keeps me away. ^^

1 Like

There really isn’t anything I would change. The only thing that even comes to mind is getting it done which is a test of patience. Hopefully when more features are in we will see the funding ramp up a little faster so maybe Wonderstuck will have more resources.

BTW: My conversations with the developers is very informal which is how I wanted it. It is just a pleasure to get to talk face to face. It is the same as the forums really.

1 Like

I think the world builder does work on windows?

1 Like

Very cool, thanks!

1 Like

It doesn’t. IT’s bugged and not creating tree Trunks + having chunk errors in trees so that you have square holes inside your trees.

Here:
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/trees-wont-generate-correctly/1633/

I’m all with you on that. As soon as there is more to do (and I have time to spend) I will play this game nonstop^^

Sadly, I have used up all my creativity on minecraft. And with used up I mean I am still creative but I am not as excited to build something as I used to be.

2 Likes

me too. played it 4 years so yes… ^^

2 Likes