So I finally managed to get into Boundless

So as the title states I managed to get in…

After leaving the client open for 11hours, I got in…

and was greeted with not being able to move and also this little message above the screen:
AHAHAHAHA even the print screen doesn’t work for this game… good lord…

Ok so the message said “Slow Connection 199982.254ms”

Sorry I cannot remember the exact number since it was supposed to be attached to the image I would be uploading…

1 Like

I guess your ping is too high :confused: try to connect to a different server nearer to your location :slight_smile:

Normally the printscreen key works perfectly as with every steam game. You seem to have a really weird bug.
But I mean there aren’t so many people who would leave the game running for 11 hours just to see if something changes^^ So you might have found a bug noone would have known about.

If you reconnect does it work ok now?

If only I had found a solution that would be nicer :smiley:

1 Like

What sort of Internet connection are you using?

Can you test your connection speed here and share the result?

Your connect is limited to 0.51 Mb/s, this is equal to ~64K/s. The initial game download is ~220MB, and would take 60 minutes to download. (This assumes that the connection is stable and assets don’t get dropped, + no contention.) Btw - this is a pretty slow connection. The good news is that after downloading the assets they should be cached until the game is updated.

Can you restart the game, open the debugging output (by pressing “.”) and report the “Latency, Time step boost, Tlms, and Max” values?

If the latency is too high then it is extremely difficult for your client to communicate with the game servers.

You could experiment connecting to different servers around the world, there are servers in N.America, Europe and Australia. I’m not sure which would have the best connection to Cape Town.

A Slow Network warning of over 6000ms means that you have a message latency of 6 seconds. This would make it impossible to play an online game. Eisa is a european server. Do you get better performance to N.America or Australia? (Sorry - don’t know much about networking from S.Africa.)

Best performance for us SA gamers are servers inside Europe…

Hence why I am confused why the latency is so high, because I play a lot of other online games that are situated in Europe and they are just fine.

As James says it the volume of data Boundless uses that causing you issues with that down load rate. Many online game you install once and then only require the game entity updates as things move/fire etc which is a relativity small amount of data but as the Boundless worlds are numerous, dynamic and relativity large they are downloaded on demand. In future we plan to cache more than we do now but it will still need a broadband level (eg 8mb) download rate for when you move to new areas or new worlds.

Well i hope you can get the issue sorted out since I would really like to play, and speaking as a South African with ‘pretty good’ internet compared to most people (gamers) I know it means a lot to us if the strain on the internet could be more like WoW, EVE, Warframe, GW2, Counter Strike GO, etc etc…

Since then we could all join in and build some amazing stuff :smiley:

I hope to be able to join you guys sometime soon!

So… still not working

@Gokuofuin Please set your Chunk Download Limit to the lowest / minimum setting.

(@OmniUno plays from South Africa btw)

More details here:

Are you still on the same connection as a year ago @Gokuofuin? It might also be that you’re getting shaped by your ISP.

I’m playing from Centurion and the game work just fine (Level 7 Fibre 40mbps). Got friends in Bloemfontein that don’t have issues either (Afrihost and Crystalweb ADSL connections - 10mbps).

1 Like