So why?

It dawned on us yesterday, that we have no idea why we’re building these bases. Or why we’re collecting all this gear. Is there an end game? A final boss? Is there a hidden treasure? Is there a horde that were preparing for? Or are we just building just to have the biggest non functioning castle on the block?

I’m not trying to be rude, but the buildings seem to just serve as a place to hide. There’s no imminent danger, the weather isn’t catastrophic enough to kill, even on the planets with an atmosphere that kills you, few skill points and you’re fine. So why?

Can’t tell if troll, or in a roleplay mode. ¬_¬

1 Like

You build a home, so you can put there storage boxes/shelves, so you can all you gather there. And why you gather stuff, so you can put in storage boxes/on shelves. Simple.

10 Likes

Why play any game? You play it because you love it, you enjoy your time in that world, and it relaxes/amps you up. Even all the things you mentioned (final boss, hidden treasure, hordes to fight) are the same as building an aesthetically pleasing structure. You do it because you want to and you have leveled and collected enough resources to do so. It’s no different than an “end game” boss or raid in other games.

3 Likes

More stuff coming soon. Titans to kill or something.

1 Like

This may be the oddest thing I’ve read on this board. Um…the buildings ARE the game. Everything you do is to support building bigger and better structures.

3 Likes

I play to accumulate pixels so then I can show off the pixels that I have accumulated.

6 Likes

The endgame has not been released yet. There are still two tiers of planets that have not showed up, titans are a thing, and something about rapidly decaying planets that constantly rain meteors.

4 Likes

I build because I like building. It’s actually that simple for me. Everything else is just a bonus.

10 Likes

Why does there have to be danger? Why do games have to have bosses? Frankly, I’m tired of combat in games. This and NMS are the only ones that interest me right now. If you want to fight end game bosses there are plenty of games out there for you. Like, almost every one!

3 Likes

LOVE NMS. About 400 hrs in.

I got my 65 year old dad addicted.

Boundless needs to be on xbox so he can play.

4 Likes

Well, I’m 52… actually 53 in about an hour!

17 Likes

Happy Birf!

2 Likes

Cross-play between Xbox and PS? I don’t see it happen like ever :joy:

1 Like

I’d buy it a 2nd time for that.

Sony simply won’t go for that.

No, I mean I’d buy it again to play separately.

Did the saame for NMS.

Like, lore wise? It’s strongly implied that we are Citizens of some centralized civilization who are colonizing “The Known Worlds”.
The first message we receive when starting the game is “Thank you, Citizen, for joining the Great Transmigration.” It goes on to say your efforts ensure our people’s survival, and to go forth and explore the Known Worlds and uncover the mysteries of the Oort who came before.
So, the objective of the game is laid out for you at the very beginning of the game. Colonize, explore, expand, and discover. That’s a very broad and open ended goal. There is no end-game needed. It’s a bit of a game of life- It means what ever you make of it.

8 Likes

But you wouldn’t be able to play with PC and PS4 players in same in-game universe. And I suspect there is a deal between Sony and Turbulenz, so that game is PS4 only when it comes to consoles.

Not to mention Dev’s wouldn’t want seperate worlds anyway…

1 Like

Since we are Oortians and the Oort Cloud in the real world seems full of undiscovered planets, I always imagined we were just colonizing the many newfound planets in the Oort Cloud :smiley: Which one is Planet X, I wonder.

2 Likes