Solo Players and Guilds

Ummm… no one holds my hand. The goals I’ve reached I’ve reached because I’ve worked super hard and invested everything back into my goals… I support the economy both by buying a lot and putting coin in my request baskets… working as a team with likeminded goals does not mean you’re being carried.

And for the love of holy whoever, can we please stop trying to force a “multiplayer” into a single player game? Everyone is free to play how they like. Also free to make choices… if you chose not to be in guilds I don’t think you should win a trophy for it. No one is being punished, they’re just not getting the reward…

Kinda like it’s free cupcake day at work on Friday… let’s say you didn’t come to work on Friday because you don’t want to… that’s fine, but it doesn’t mean they have to have a separate free cupcake Monday just to be fair… you made a choice… No cupcake for you!

3 Likes

I can see everyone’s point, both sides of this coin. I am new to MMO, this is my first. Somewhat new to gaming, always played match three, then son talked me into Sims 3 and it was single player and I was in control of everything, which I did and didn’t like. So I have a lot to learn and understand the mechanics of these games.

I won’t take everyone’s time to share how I grew in gaming, but I have, slowly. This is my first “serious” game and the first MMO and the first where I have had to play in situations where I would face danger, death and for me, a lot of challenges. You can laugh and shake your head but when I first played I wouldn’t go to a level 2 planet unless my son was with me, I was so scared of the spitters. Now, I can go to a level 4 planet alone, I may die a lot, but I will still go.

My son quit playing, not enough content, and for other reasons, death penalty is one. He plays when I ask him to help me. So I am a half solo and half group, when I need help I have him, but for the most part I do things on my own.

And that is where I do see how difficult it can be for solo players. It is obvious that the game, even though it says solo in the description and the devs state it is also for solo, is developed mainly for group play, they want communities.

Some of what they want will never happen, you don’t have players staying at their shops chatting to other players who have come to shop or just visit, you don’t see players standing in groups chatting, and interaction that the trailer showed that attracted a lot of players. Players very seldom at a guild get together to build and interact, different countries, time zones, different times they are free, so it is to me much more like a solo player game.

Only in certain areas do you see several players together; hunts (mainly meteorites but also some for animals and other items), doing the events such as trading flowers that last for only a short time.

Some here on the forum always think that when I mention problems it is all about me and made remarks about whining and complaining, but mainly I am championing the new players, the low level ones, the solo players the ones who are struggling and don’t know the ins and out. And I have seen some of those same players pitching fits and whining about footfall.

I feel that the guilds need some work, that there are problems in how some players take advantage of what they can get, buffs, and ignore how they should help their guild. That isn’t fair but how to fix that, I don’t know.

I feel that the solo players does lose out, the devs wanted communities, but the didn’t state that in their reviews, advertisements that Only groups can succeed at this game, it is geared for them, but stated it is also for solo players.

Then they have a obligation to the solo players to some extent level the playing field in some areas. That is my opinion and it is okay if others don’t agree, I’m not asking forum members to jump on my bandwagon, just for the devs to consider the idea and help the solo players they stated could play this game.

My son is social phobic and borderline agoraphobic, for those who don’t know, that means he will hardly ever leave the house. He will not interact with others only unless he has to. He can’t even handle more than three at a family event.

There are probably others here who have trouble interacting and feel left out because of their problems, whether psychological or physical health issues. I think of them when I “whine and complain” not myself.

Solo players are the minority, and I just want the devs to look at some changes that can level the playing field in some area where groups are rewarded.

Again, I’m not asking everyone to agree with me and I do want to hear reasons why, that is important to know also.

3 Likes

Congratulations. I’m proud of you. :star2:

To insinuate that being in a guild means you don’t achieve goals without being carried, is unfair.

2 Likes

My intention wasn’t to insinuate anything at all. I thought I stated my point pretty clearly. It’s unfortunate if anyone misunderstood my words. I was in no way, size, shape or form attempting to say anything negative against guilds or even group play.

So …Cupcakes for all?

3 Likes

Only on Friday… :joy:

1 Like

@ginabean If that is to me I don’t remember saying that nor do I think that. We all achieve goals individually as we do objectives, feats and our own personal challenges when we go to planets for whatever reason. Today my challenge was to gather items and explore a planet and get every region, I did that so succeed in my challenge.

I am part of a guild and they help me at times and I provide what I can, which is mainly food as I don’t have enough coin, when I do I give it to the guild or buy things they need.

But helping me to achieve goals, nope, do that on my own. They give info when I ask, and while I am learning how to use the centraforge one of the members will forge some tools or weapons for me, but I provide the tool/weapon and the ingredients to be used, plus extra.

See you next week then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::cupcake:

It wasn’t you. :nerd_face::+1: and it’s all good, come back Friday for a cupcake.

LOL love cupcakes see ya Friday :slight_smile:

Lol @ no cupcakes. Best example ever.

I have different opinion about this topic.
First we need to figure out what makes group of people get benefit.
If you are saying that large group can pay the buff easier, it really depends on how many people in the guild willing to donate the coins. In this case, maybe you should ask every guild leader first. Because base on my experience, asking guild members to donate coins to active buff is not very easy job. So mostly only a few core members willing to keep the buffs active. Base on this, there’s not much different as solo players.

Next, we can discuss about the possibility for solo players to make huge income, I personally think its easier than guild. Because mostly guild has a lot of things need to take care, for example portals. Those shards usually take them to spend some money to remain it open (depends on portal size, each guilds has different situation.) But for solo players, they only need to take care about themselves, so their cost is much lower, also i believe there are some mall setup for not just guild members only, so you can settle your shop there, which means you don’t need to worry about your portal cost.

I think the problem you feel its hard for solo players to get enough money for buff is because of the current market situation. Now day, most items is cheap, which means you can just buy low and sell low. It also means more times need to spend to host a successful shop as before. Before is more like quality of products can make you rich. Now is the quantity of product can make you have fair income. Under this condition of course you feel its hard for solo players to keep buffs active. The solution is you just need to spend more time to take care your shop business. (like promote, prepare more category, re-fill the shop faster…etc) Or the easier way just join one guild that has buff and never participate in the group.

Trying to stay on topic here, but was there not a guild created for solo players?? essentially players cooperating to share guild buffs but remain independent an solo in terms of game play. Not sure if its still out there but here’s the post:

Solo Player Alliance

1 Like

we are still here, indeed - although 3 out of 5 players involved got very quiet and we werent running any buffs last month or so

still, with a few players coming in that would be easy to fix

on a side note: after initial excitement I realized that life without buffs is still cool as it was before guilds came, although I see it use in more extreme situations like high tier worlds hunts, exoworlds exploring etc.

1 Like

Actually I have to disagree with this, The game is not geared more for groups due to the fact there is very little content that requires a group to do, outside of Lv4+ Meteor hunting. The game for the most part Content wise, since it is type of sandbox, feels to be neutral in this regards at this time.

I do not consider guild buffs to be content. And I will get to that aspect at the end of this post.

I am not sure which games are being referred to, But for the MMOs I have played, the reasoning for this is not to reward the solo player, but to reduce amplification of the exp shared and the rate it is gained at as a group can clear it out faster then a solo player. It haves the side effect of rewarding a solo player.

I feel the main problem here is the fact it is too easy for a group of players to hold on to the meteorite life, as it is fairly easy to make one party member immune to losing it by putting his and/or herself into a grave/pit/box while everybody else is exposed to danger, Also the metorites you deal with as a solo player are easier then the ones done in a group.

The problem is that this can be hard to do. Outside of creating solo instances, nearly anything you can do to try to give a solo player a bonus, can most likely also be abused in a group situation as well. as the game would then need to figure out how to deal with situations where rather or not a group is going on can ambiguous to the system, even more so if the players are doing odd things to try to abuse the system.

I am a solo player. I have been playing for about 6 months by now I think. and at no point did I feel like I am being treated unfairly. I will say it can be hard for a new player to get going in this game because there are things that are not obvious and if one can’t handle learning the hard way, people can give up quickly, the NPE (New Player Experience) in this game needs a lot of work. I got to where I am as a solo player because I am persistent with a touch of insanity.

I am however Strongly against guild buffs, Not because I think they are unfair, but because I feel it destroys and dilutes the purpose of a guild, which is to contain players who want to play with each other. A guild should be about enjoying the company of the guild members and wanting to do group content with the guild. A guild should not be about bonuses. And as such I feel guild buffs should be flat out removed. At least until a time comes where the game can support the main reason of being in a guild is for Group Content and not about strong bonuses.

I could join a random guild and get guild buffs by doing so, But I will not, as it is against what I stand for, and I will press on with sporting my very own guild tag of >Troll< , a Guild that only contains myself and my alts.

Once again, Guild buffs is not Group Content. It is a fancy tax (Coin sink) that gives buffs.

3 Likes

From remarks I have read there are several guilds who have members who don’t give coins to help in the running of the guild. Perhaps some do as I do, provide other services. I do cooking a while back I made over 700 foods for the guild, from the porridges to the pies.

As for portals, my son and I put up a portal for all the members to us. We take care of the costs from the ortstones we get when we are out and I get enough to cover the cost from the dormant meteorites, the ones I can take on alone and the road runners I kill.

I have shops, two were at N. L. Market and I made a fair amount of money, not on the level of big shops and some would see it as nothing, but my needs are few and from 1k to 2k a day was more than enough for my needs. When the Market closed I, like others, lost out. I have two shops at a new area, Sky Express where I sell plants and boulders at Nature’s Greatness, and one where I sell forging ingredients (memory is off, can’t remember the name), but right now there are few shops so I not only get few sales but very little footfall. G. Mall, well, I’m considering changes to what I sell as it has stopped selling anything, but it seems I’m not the only one, may of the shops have nothing on their stands to sell.

My time I have plenty with being disabled and homebound. I have no trouble getting most of what I need in gathering of items such as seeds, sweet beans, milk glands and some mats I have trouble getting I can trade with from a couple of other players. The only items I can’t collect on my own are the bitter beans and the trophies, which my son helps me do a harvesting day for those. Gold, silver and titanium I buy when I find it on sale cheap, which isn’t often. I traded a couple days ago teaching pies, teaching loaves, energizing and invigorating pies and some titanium tools and a gold fist for gems and some gold and silver.

Promoting a shop, hard to do when it has shut down and I have promoted my shop, Making of Greatness, but part is location, part is no ones wants to buy the ingredients anymore, there are so many shops that sell food and as I stated, location, there is very little traffic there when you are a distance from the main street where most shop and don’t go further.

I am going to soon start to make forged items, most will be for me, but I may sell some that come out good, time will tell on that as I am gather mats and learning what to do.

As stated I am part of a guild, but to be honest, I don’t know what buffs we have or how many, it doesn’t matter as where I go I don’t need a lot of protection except when I go to level 5 and 6 planets and that is only when my son is with me; he is my bodyguard. lol

I feel like a broken record, I Am Not Talking About ME, but About Others,

Technically I am not a solo player as I have a son who occasionally joins me in the game. I am a member of a active guild that isn’t struggling, there are members who are committed and provide coins to keep it open. I provide by gathering items that I can when needed and cooking food for them. A couple days ago the forger member of the guild took a couple gold fists I made and forged it for me. I gave the guild at least double what he needed so leftovers could stay in the guild’s supply of forging items. My contribution to the guild.

This is not about me, it is about those who are solo players and have No Guild. I had stated that I am somewhat a solo player in that when I go out I am not with others, I know what it is like to take on a meteorite and die from a goat knocking me over a cliff, from being knocked out of the area and lose the meteorite. Which does not happen in groups.

I wish everyone would quit focusing on me and instead of what I stated, solo players who have no guild, no one to assist them and maybe can’t afford a lot of items because of their level or lack of experience due to the stage they are at. They are the ones I want the devs to consider, they should be considered and not brushed aside like they are of no value.

I give you one example you will know what i mean.
During Sept 2018, (about the time when game just release)
I host power coil business. the advance power coil was 18k / unit, and it sell out in one day.
Today, its 1099c for the cheapest price. At that moment i can earn 1m in 1 week if i want to.
And that was my personal business nothing related to guild.
With that much amount of income i can solo for guild buff for sure if we had guild buff at that moment.

The problems is they need to fix their broken market. At least not this kind of low pricing for items.
Its really time wasting if you want to enroll with current market. we really need to spend a lot of time to prepare our shop to get the amount of income we could get before. Under this condition of course solo players can’t get enough money to get the guild buff by themselves. If the market is healthy as before, most people will get the ability to get anything they want including the guild buff. To be honest, if let me choose to spend the same amount time to work, i prefer to earn money in real life instead of money in game lol.

The thing is, if solo players who have no guild feel like they’re missing out, then they can join a guild. If they don’t want to, that is their choice but they need to live with the consequences of such a choice.

As a solo player i agree with you,for example i wish the damage level of the enemies were leveled to the amount of players so i could complete higher level meteorites, or at least go explore in a higher level planet without dying too much, one solution is to release once and for all the self hosted servers but i dont think thats happening anytime soon, so balancing the game would be nice for those who like to play independently.

thats inpossible for the devs to fix tho has the most they can do is allow for more ways to inject coin into the game even if say there was a daily that gave 1K coin per day if players still feel the prices are right then nothing will change